Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: UAS recovery thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jan D View Post
    It had been about 6 months since my last ukulele purchase, and I was doing just fine. My UAS was in remission. I had even recently re-homed a ukulele to a man just beginning his ukulele journey. Nothing to worry about, right? Then I went to harp jamming session at a local harp maker's house ... and came home with a new ukulele. Sheesh! The luthier had just finished making 3 new concert scale ukes: one from a truly gorgeous piece of koa, a pretty one made of madrone, and the one I bought (which really sings up the neck, so I just couldn't resist it), made of yew. I can now say that I am the proud owner of a Yew-kulele. Way cool! :-)
    ha ha, it sounds like yew did very well....can't blame you for succumbing.
    Well, this time...
    maybe you'll do a NUD post with pics?
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

My UAS recovery is 15 minutes. Well I just justified my purchase of a few minutes ago on health grounds. HMS has Slimline Koaloha Tenors online. They sound great and have a Baggs pickup. I placed one in my cart but had trouble placing the order, so I thought maybe I'm not meant to purchase it.

I just called HMS and placed the order by phone. I justified it as my right arm will hurt and will sometimes have issues after playing. So it sounds good to me. :-) Right!
    K
    Sopranos, Concerts, and Tenors including Baritone body at a Tenor Scale - 4 String, 5 String and 8 String :-)
    For Sale: Seagull Nylon String
    For Sale: National Mahogany Resonator
    For Sale: Gold Tone Resonator

Quote Originally Posted by Jan D View Post
    It had been about 6 months since my last ukulele purchase, and I was doing just fine. My UAS was in remission. I had even recently re-homed a ukulele to a man just beginning his ukulele journey. Nothing to worry about, right? Then I went to harp jamming session at a local harp maker's house ... and came home with a new ukulele. Sheesh! The luthier had just finished making 3 new concert scale ukes: one from a truly gorgeous piece of koa, a pretty one made of madrone, and the one I bought (which really sings up the neck, so I just couldn't resist it), made of yew. I can now say that I am the proud owner of a Yew-kulele. Way cool! :-)
    Yew betcha :-)
    K
    Sopranos, Concerts, and Tenors including Baritone body at a Tenor Scale - 4 String, 5 String and 8 String :-)

Quote Originally Posted by keenonuke View Post
    My UAS recovery is 15 minutes. Well I just justified my purchase of a few minutes ago on health grounds. HMS has Slimline Koaloha Tenors online. They sound great and have a Baggs pickup. I placed one in my cart but had trouble placing the order, so I thought maybe I'm not meant to purchase it.

I just called HMS and placed the order by phone. I justified it as my right arm will hurt and will sometimes have issues after playing. So it sounds good to me. :-) Right!
    What is the cost you would put on having access to best meals across various cuisines every day and at the end being able to pass that on as a sale or gift it or inheritance... owning multiple ukes makes a lot of sense once you think of a uke as an item from a cuisine that only gets better with age and does not end.. your ears are sensory organs just like your tongue.
    In this case your hand benefits as well!

Your brain benefits as well.
    And, music is good for mental health, too.

Quote Originally Posted by kerneltime View Post
    What is the cost you would put on having access to best meals across various cuisines every day and at the end being able to pass that on as a sale or gift it or inheritance... owning multiple ukes makes a lot of sense once you think of a uke as an item from a cuisine that only gets better with age and does not end.. your ears are sensory organs just like your tongue.
    In this case your hand benefits as well!
    But you can get that with one uke and different styles of music

Quote Originally Posted by AQUATOPAZ View Post
    But you can get that with one uke and different styles of music
    Well maybe, maybe not. What I love about ukes and part of what feeds UAS is the different sizes, different body shapes and different woods makes for different pitches and timbre in the music. And I'm now exploring different strings and tunings. It's like a smorgasbord :-). So yeah it is like different cuisines that my children will have to quote a TV show "a strange inheritance" to sell.
    K

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie View Post
    ha ha, it sounds like yew did very well....can't blame you for succumbing.
    Well, this time...
    maybe you'll do a NUD post with pics?
    Many people on the UU have said that if there are no pictures, then it didn't happen. So, I can't do a NUD with pics because that would interfere with my healthy case of UASD (Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome Denial). :-)
    KoAloha KCM-00 (koa concert)
    KoAloha Opio KCO-10 (acacia concert)
    Thormahlen Yew-kulele (yew concert)
    Kala KA-SLNG (long neck soprano)
    Flight TUS35 (blue soprano)
    UKE LOOKING FOR A NEW HOME:
    *Snail SUC (solid top mahogany concert)

Does buying uke related gear count as a relapse of UAS? If so, then I some backsliding to confess. I bought a Roland AC33 amp this morning.
    My ukulele family.....
    KoAloha Koa concert - circa 2006
    aNueNue Moon Bird concert - Spruce & Rosewood - 2018
    Blackbird Clara - 2019
    Kanilea KCS-SSP super soprano - circa 2016

Quote Originally Posted by RafterGirl View Post
    Does buying uke related gear count as a relapse of UAS? If so, then I some backsliding to confess. I bought a Roland AC33 amp this morning.
    Nope. Not at all. How are you liking the Roland? I just got a Yamaha THR5A 2 days ago. I really like the chorus, delay and reverb, but I can see that the effects are quite limited. I was hoping for more range.

Thread Information