UAS recovery thread

Okay, since I started it, 170 days since I last got a uke.

(The collection is down by two for 2019: 4 in, 6 out, including one buy/return)

8 Days. I think I'm good for a while on ukes, but I am getting a "gear itch".

Been holding strong on the no-new-in-until-some-go-out. My last uke the "temporary" baritone I got 189 days ago. I've now crossed to more months playing than ukes (last time I counted it was more ukes than months - that was an eye-opener). Outside of ukes, it's been about 2 months since I got my fretless bass.

This month I passed on a u-bass that got as far as talking to the seller (not sure that counts - he didn't respond to my last message), three ukes that got as far as into my cart before backing out, and a baritone (that was almost exactly the one I had been waiting for when I got the temp one) that I just flat out resisted.

I suspect this will kick up again if and when I get around to selling the backlog

My name is BacchettaDave, and I've abstained from buying 'ukulele for 17 days.

Flea, grant me the serenity to be content with the ukes I own
and the discipline to play each one every day,
And don't bite me again until my needs change.

Well I haven't actually gotten one since August 22nd so I guess 47 days. I do have one on the way right now, but it was a trade so I'm not sure it counts. Also, I just sold another one and dropped it in the mail today so I feel like I get some type of bonus added onto my 47 days.

The more important question is how long will it be until I blow the money I got from the one I just sold.

My name is BacchettaDave, and I've abstained from buying 'ukulele for 17 days.

Flea, grant me the serenity to be content with the ukes I own
and the discipline to play each one every day,
And don't bite me again until my needs change.

Hahahahahaha! Love the "Flea" salutation!

For me it's been 3 months, a totally unanticipated purchase. I had my eye on another uke for the better part of a year but I put it on a back burner to to test myself and see if I really wanted it. Then my 3 months ago uke popped up on my radar somehow and I had to have it so it became the latest member of my uke family. The back burner uke hasn't been taken off the radar yet but as I play my family of ukes the shine and temptation is waning. I may be done.

My 2 day streak might end, just placed a winning bid on a mint Obana ck-28 from mims!
Some one please win it instead.

18 days since last UAS struck. I have way more ukes than what’s in my sig. help.

A week. The Rebel Double Cheesecake LN Concert.

I am thankfully with rather limited incomes, and I think threads like these about UAS, or ones of what you ordered/got acquired latest, don't really help people any!

They read that oh there are other ones with same, he /she just told what acquired latest, so not that bad me getting another one too.

I just once asked what a NUD means and I was like wtf it meant.

The only solution is a many year long UAS quit. And try make you quit with all the debts from that.

Yes, "days" is the correct term. I was at an event the other day, and someone asked if what I had was a new uke. I said it wasn't, and that I had had it for months. He nodded, but someone nearby laughed. She thought "month" wasn't very old.

I've resigned myself to the fact that I will eventually have trouble moving around inside my house because of the ukuleles stacked all around. First responders will have trouble getting through the house and finding my body. I'm already having trouble finding a specific uke that I want, despite the fact that I have labels attached to all the cases.

Last week, I bought a Kala six-string, and yesterday I bought another Fluke (my 8th Magic Fluke instrument, 65 total). The Kala has a crack in the top, so I bought some hide glue, which I hope to use today. The Fluke is an older one from the CT location, and the paint is worn away from strumming. That doesn't matter, though, because I plan to have the top painted, and I'll probably put something from Neck Illusions on the fretboard.

20 days. I'm holding to the One in/One out rule. Although the one on it's way out today was a killer decision.

After a long bout of UAS, I think I might be cured. Is it possible?
Nothing on my wish list. Last purchase from UU about 5 months ago was the last thing on my wish list, and I haven't had any cravings since. :)

Didn't get a banjo, and seem to be over that desire now, too. I worked some extra days in August, and am still waiting to be paid for that, so that gave me a cooling off period. If only they knew, they could use that as an excuse for owing me the $.

I'm really happy with the ukuleles I have, and have found what works best for me. But, there could always be something lurking around the corner. You never know.

Top Bottom