Thread: Kanilea platinum pineapple tenor

Default Kanilea platinum pineapple tenor

Do you own one? Have to played one? What do you think about it?

I own a Kanilea Pineapple tenor. I really dig the sound, it sound specially nice with chord melodies incorporating more jazzed up chords. It has a good ring and a full sound (the big body really does make a difference). The sound is balanced.
    I really like the feel of the Kanilea neck.
    What are your thoughts?

I'm hoping they will make one without the cheesy sound port. It's the only thing that puts me off. Well, that and the price! A 'standard' non bling Kanile'a Tenor Pineapple would be great.
    Kamaka HF-3DC - Kamaka HF-2LD - Kanile'a Custom 5 string Super Tenor - KoAloha Special Issue Tenor - Pono MGTP5-PC

I think YogiTom used to have one. He’s kind of inactive now but maybe he would pop up to share more.

Here’s his NUD for the platinum pineapple:
    https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...ineapple-Tenor
    aNueNue Moon Bird US200 || Kamaka HF-1 || Martin S-1 Uke || Eddy Finn EFTS-20-S || Kala KA-SLNG || Martin C1K Uke || Yamaha GL1
    Check out my ukulele themed paintings in UU forum thread

I have one, really love it. I have it set up as my low-g tenor with a Fremont Soloist. It got a great boomy sound (in a good way), a real cannon. Use it for all of my low-g chord melodies as well as jazzier pieces and I agree, it's a great instrument for those.
    The one problem I have with it is that I prefer a radius fretboard.
    Tenors: Rebel Elysium, Kimo "El Diablo" custom, Kanile'a Platinum Pinneaple, MyaMoe custom, RISA stick, Ohana TK35G-5 5 string, Gretch G9120
    Concert: Vox solid body electric, Cripple Creek cigar box
    Soprano: KoAloha T2 Tenor neck, Tyde "Little Rusty", 1940s Martin style 3, Kamoa, Kala
    Sopranino: Tyde
    Banjolele: 1920s Concertone, Southern Cross Concert, Southern Cross UB-2 style, Kala
    Other: 8 string Tahitian

Thread Information