Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alice Strings

There's an even better deal on the fluorocarbons than I posted about earlier from a Chinese seller on Ebay. I tried to post a link to the listing but the link was prohibited. The whites are $1.71 shipped for 1 set, $1.61 ea for 2 sets, $1.57 ea for 3 sets or $1.52 ea for 4 or more sets ordered.

** I'm in for two sets totaling $3.43 delivered. At that price it's barely even a gamble. I'm told I should have them by Dec. 19th. (I've usually had pretty good delivery times when ordering from China, usually 2-3 weeks.) I don't know when any of my ukes will need a string change. I probably won't get to these until after the New Year.
    Last edited by mikelz777; 10-19-2019 at 06:05 PM.
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy a uke which is basically the same thing.

Ukes are a lot like potato chips. It's hard to stop with just one!

Quote Originally Posted by ukantor View Post
    Isn't that a remote town in Australia?

John Colter
    First thing I thought of.
    Why me?
    "Some people see the hand of God in their lives, some only the finger."
    - Evan Eisenberg, Atlantic Monthly, July/August 2006, p. 151.

14:29044

I'd like to hear how these worked out too. And a link would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziret View Post
    I'd like to hear how these worked out too. And a link would be great.
    PM sent with a link.
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy a uke which is basically the same thing.

I got the two sets of strings today which was just over two weeks from the order date. They do not come in any kind of retail packaging and there is nothing identifying any kind of brand name. Each string comes in its own labeled sleeve identifying the string and the four sleeves are held together in another sleeve. I was alarmed at first thinking I was sent the wrong strings because none of them matched the expected GCEA but then I discovered that these were actually the corresponding guitar strings. Thus the 1st string labeled E = ukulele A string, the 2nd string labeled B = ukulele E string, the 3rd string labeled G = ukulele C string and the 4th string labeled D = ukulele G string. It's kind of confusing and I bet a lot of people might be thrown by that. It's a no frills kind of deal but at these prices, I wasn't expecting more. I'm looking forward to giving them a try next time I need a string change.

Thread Information