hms at salt closed down?

nobleark

Reaction score
cant get in touch with the store for whole week.

did they move or renovating?

I just drove by this last weekend and the sign was still up but it seems to be off their website (as well as some of the workers from that location). If it's gone I'm sad. It's just a 15 minute walk from my home and I bought several instruments there recently.

Last edited:
Hope it’s not closed. It’s an easy quick walk from the cruise terminal and very relaxed hang out. Yes, I bought a uke there and more.

My apologies folks, we have closed that location. We will open up again in late Nov- Christmas and feature sales/blowouts there but following that it will close. We we’re spread out with two stores and most of our stock was still at our workshop warehouse. I found a much larger space right next to our Haleiwa location and realized my vision moving forward, to have all of us including our setup crew working together under one roof, to best serve the island and world.

With all of our stock in one place, a bigger showroom, and all of our expertise together, I hope to offer an even better and more unique ukulele experience. We should start work on that next month and open in February.

Until then we are still in Haleiwa and online, and we do ship to Honolulu, even hotels there. Given the setup work and satisfaction guarantee, many have been happy with this convenient option. But if you can make it to Haleiwa starting next year it should be another level of enjoyment and service in store.

I do apologize for any inconvenience. It’s been a challenging year, but we appreciate your kind support and will continue to improve in all we do.

Wow that was short-lived, I remember the big opening bash last November. Please let us know details about the closing sale, as I will be on Oahu next month. Haleiwa is a much longer trip by bus for sure. Good luck with the new space.

Thanks for the heads up, Andrew, and for clarifying the situation.

Can't wait for bigger and better things from HMS/The Ukulele Site!

We appreciate all you do for all of us... Worldwide!!

Mahalo, Brah! :)

The logistics of a second store quadruples the work to keep both going. (Or so I'm told by those that have done it.)

It's hard to conceive of a bigger and better HMS/UkuleleSite but bring it! We'll be thrilled to experience and help christen it.

Best of luck with the new expansion.

Making the pilgrimage up to Haleiwa is a big part of the pleasure of visiting Oahu. It's great to hear that there are plans to make the store there even better. :)

Glad I had the chance to visit the SALT store and meet Elias and Zoe there... and eat at the Highway Inn next door.

Will be excited to visit the new site (hopefully next summer). Having everything consolidated to one site should pay big dividends. Hopefully, most of your stock will be available to demo there (was not true this year even when visiting both stores).

Good luck on the transition!

Less than $3 one way ($5.50/day pass) on TheBus.Org :cool:

The next time I visit Oahu, I might make this loop again, but make it a Uke Loop... Honolulu - Kaneohe - Haleiwa - Honolulu

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 10.16.45 PM.jpg . Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 10.20.38 PM.jpg

Making the pilgrimage up to Haleiwa is a big part of the pleasure of visiting Oahu. It's great to hear that there are plans to make the store there even better. :)

I appreciate our friends here. I don’t think we’ll ever be as good as we want to be. But we’ll keep trying. That much I know.

Bishop estate is making us open back up by Nov. 1 there at Salt, until we sublet it. So Corey will run it when he gets back from his tour, but I want him to be with the rest of us on the North Shore asap.

Eventually everyone will be at our new location. We’ll do clinics and performances. We’ll have a better website and showroom. That’s the goal.

Awww, I loved that store while I was there. Glad I was able to get a video playing with Corey there before it closed.

Will be cool to see the new location though the next time I go. The north shore is a bit out of the way, but it's great to go up there anyways and totally worth it, so I don't think this will really affect people going up there!

Ted's Bakery, the Shrimp Trucks (not in Haleiwa), Dole Plantation, and other businesses should give you some
of their proceeds since many who make the trek to HMS Haleiwa often stop at other businesses along the way!

HMS is helping the entire area's economy... and all in the name of Great Customer Service and a huge selection
of Ukuleles, not to mention rubbing shoulders with ukulele 'Greats' in the store! sometimes, if we hang around
a bit, we are fortunate to listen in on an informal 'concert-like' performance by the staff! What?! :)

keep uke'in' HMS/The Ukulele Site!

For us townies, the drive out to Haleiwa after work is a two hour ordeal in rush hour traffic. Tourists can leave earlier in the day and enjoy the journey.

Top Bottom