hms at salt closed down?

Yes, I brought business to the Salt location and also purchased an ukulele there myself. The prices and services were better than those from stores in Waikiki. Elijah was very friendly, professional and accommodating. I will make my way to Haleiwa for future business and will recommend to tourists and friends that they do so also. Unfortunately potentials buyers and the curious will have to deal with the journey and the sometimes heavy traffic. Remember though that the online services are great and that there is free shipping in most cases. It’s always fun to run into the workers who often serenade the visitors.

For us townies, the drive out to Haleiwa after work is a two hour ordeal in rush hour traffic. Tourists can leave earlier in the day and enjoy the journey.

Sucks for you locals for sure, but there are a WHOLE LOT of us who can only wish we were just a "two hour ordeal" away from HMS! :biglaugh:

Sucks for you locals for sure, but there are a WHOLE LOT of us who can only wish we were just a "two hour ordeal" away from HMS! :biglaugh:

If you are a true Loco...you have to know the traffic patterns...under an hour from Waikiki area to Haleiwa if roads are clear....I live in central Oahu so for me 15 mins with no traffic and maybe 25 mins if heavy traffic

no complaints here...:)

Last edited:
If you are a true Loco...you have to know the traffic patterns...under and hour from Waikiki area to Haleiwa if roads are clear....I live in central Oahu so for me 15 mins with no traffic and maybe 25 mins if heavy traffic

no complaints here...:)

Sure, it works great if you're not working 9 to 5. Most of us get spanked good twice daily in the gathering place of many cars...

Well, the Kamaka showroom/shop is only a block away from the old HMS/Salt site so I'll have to make due if I ever need another ukulele...

Top Bottom