Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ukulele construction manual first copies

(pre) Ordered - Thanks Graham.

Even though I know my way around building a uke, I try to buy and read all luthiery books on all instruments (ukes, acoustic and electric guitars, violins, etc)- I recommend this to all luthiers, no matter how good you are. You always learn some little trick.

Pre-ordered over here as well. I'm on the other end of the spectrum from Beau . . . I''m currently working on ukes #3 & #4. I've learned a lot over the past couple of years, but I'm always trying to learn more. My thanks, also.

19 November, which is today here but tomorrow in most of the rest of the world, is the official release date of The Ukulele - an illustrated workshop manual. Those kind folks who have pre-ordered copies should get them very soon and any book shop in the US or Canada will be able to get copies as well. In Australia copies are available directly from me (and hopefully soon from a couple of lutherie suppliers) , while for the rest of the world Amazon will be your best bet.

Cheers

Put my order in to Amazon several weeks ago. Patiently waiting.

I just got the delivery notice from Amazon. Some good incentive not to stay late at work!

Probably not going to be able to make use of it until spring, but I hope to have my current kit uke and next one all but done by the time it's warm enough to finish them, and then onto a scratch build.

--Rob

My copy is on the way from amazon

I received mine from Amazon a few days ago. Good stuff.

It arrived this morning...and I'm now reading the chapter on making rope binding ... Thanks Graham it's a very impressive publication I hope you sell loads of e'm.
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

I ordered one today from Amazon, will receive it on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham McDonald View Post
    The first copies The Ukulele have arrived from the printer and are now available, at least in Australia, to anyone who would like to purchase a copy. Go to www.mcdonaldstrings.com/ukulelebook.html to order either a hard copy or an ePub version.

It won't be available in the US or Canada for another few weeks, but you can pre-order a copy on Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/Ukulele-Illustra ... 385&sr=8-1
    For those in Europe Amazon will probably be the best way to get a copy.

Attachment 121975
    On page 23 in your book about the radius dish you said, using the 15' radius pattern in the plans at the back of this book, cut curved strips from the lengths of 2"1" pine. I don't see this pattern in the book anywhere, where can I find it?

Thread Information