Greetings from SF Bay Area, California!

Ukalena

Reaction score
Hi, everyone, I am so glad to have found this site! I started ukulele a few months ago, but I am not new to music, having learned piano during my childhood. In my spare time, I teach myself songs on the uke and piano (granted, not at the same time!), and I am looking forward to getting to know you all.

Anyone here from the SF Bay Area too?

Hi, everyone, I am so glad to have found this site! I started ukulele a few months ago, but I am not new to music, having learned piano during my childhood. In my spare time, I teach myself songs on the uke and piano (granted, not at the same time!), and I am looking forward to getting to know you all.

welcome! There are quite a few here from the Bay Area.

Welcome Lena, glad to have you here.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 11 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 35)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Hi. There are some East Bay players in Oakland, Berkeley and El Cerrito!

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome! I suspect I will be living on the tabs thread mostly. Looks like this site is fairly active, so I'm looking forward to getting to know you all soon!

There is a good ukulele group in the San Ramon Area led by Steve Kritzer
There is a LaMorinda Music Store group that meets on Mondays
There is Oakland Ukulele Jam that (now that is winter) meets at the Oakland Library led by Bob Powers

Welcome to the world of Ukulele

Last edited:
Yes, Palo Alto is a nice place! Stanford has a wonderful art museum that I love going to.

@Another Ukulele, thank u for filing me in on the local uke groups. Funny, I actually bought my uke at Steve Kritzer's store (JAMS), so I'll have to check them out!

I'm in beautiful downtown Oakland. If you have Facebook join Oakland Uke Jam. Also check Meetup. You may find some there.

Last edited:
Welcome to the ukulele and to Ukulele Underground!

You can find the San Francisco Ukulele Rebellion on Facebook and at meetup.com. We meet on the second Monday of every month from 7:00 to 8:30 pm (next meeting is November 11) at Andronico's on Irving Street in the Inner Sunset, and on the third Saturday of every month from 7:00 to 9:30 p.m. (next meeting is October 19) at La Promenade Cafe on Balboa Street near 38th Avenue in the Richmond District. There's also at least one kanikapila (Hawaiian music jam) each weekend in and around San Francisco. PM for details.

Top Bottom