Please don't talk about me when I'm gone

I like your version a lot Wee-Ginga-Yin. It sounds good that slow with your bluesy voice. I haven't heard Dean's version and usually associate this song with Billie Holiday.

The first song I ever played in performance with the ukulele was this one. Maggie and I did it as a partner song with Five Foot Two, which uses the same changes, at Toronto's Corktown Ukulele Jam about 15 years ago. Maggie sang Five Foot Two, then I sang Please Don't Talk... and then we sang them together.
We often do this in The Maple Leaf Champions Jug Band as well.

I like your version a lot Wee-Ginga-Yin. It sounds good that slow with your bluesy voice. I haven't heard Dean's version and usually associate this song with Billie Holiday.

The first song I ever played in performance with the ukulele was this one. Maggie and I did it as a partner song with Five Foot Two, which uses the same changes, at Toronto's Corktown Ukulele Jam about 15 years ago. Maggie sang Five Foot Two, then I sang Please Don't Talk... and then we sang them together.
We often do this in The Maple Leaf Champions Jug Band as well.

When Deano did it it was a sort of uptempo big band swing version which would have fitted in well with Five foot two.

Top Bottom