Thread: A boat from Indonesia has arrived at HMS

Default A boat from Indonesia has arrived at HMS

And with it 29, yes Count them, 29 Romero creation ukuleles on their front page !
    I imagine a few will be around for a while.

Of greater interest than the quantity are the new soprano and concert scale ukes with the larger and deeper bodies to give some similarity in sound to tenors.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow21 View Post
    Of greater interest than the quantity are the new soprano and concert scale ukes with the larger and deeper bodies to give some similarity in sound to tenors.
    Yup. I listened to the HMS video of the new RC soprano this morning - numerous times. And heaven help me, but I really, really, really want to own that not-so-little, super fine-sounding ukulele.
    KoAloha KCM-00 (koa concert)
    KoAloha Opio KCO-10 (acacia concert)
    Thormahlen Yew-kulele (yew concert)
    Kala KA-SLNG (long neck soprano)
    Flight TUS35 (blue soprano)
    UKE LOOKING FOR A NEW HOME:
    *Snail SUC (solid top mahogany concert)

Quote Originally Posted by eyedoc View Post
    And with it 29, yes Count them, 29 Romero creation ukuleles on their front page !
    They're made in Indonesia now rather than Southeast Asia (Vietnam)? Breaking in new workers must take a lot of training and time!

Are you sure the boat is from Indonesia? To my knowledge, Romero Creations are made in Vietnam, whereas a prominent brand from Indonesia is Pono. On a different behalf, do they really ship by boat...??
    Enjoying instruments by - Beau Hannam - Jay Lichty - Jerry Hoffmann - Luis Feu de Mesquita - Kala - Kamaka - Kanile'a - KoAloha - Ko'olau - Moore Bettah - Pono - Romero Creations - and others

Maybe a truck load
    Happy just to be a Newbie +, Penny

Quote Originally Posted by eyedoc View Post
    Description @ Ukulele Site for new shipment still says VietNam... so does the Romero site.
    Romero Creations Replica Tenor Spruce/Koa (HMS) ::: Fender Montecito Tenor Koa ::: Ohana Soprano SK-75 solid Spruce/Mahogany (Mim) ::: Kanile'a Islander MAPG-4-C Maple (HMS) ::: Romero STC Concert Spruce/Mahogony (Uke Republic) ::: Kala KA-SSTU-SMC-C Solid Spruce/Spalted Maple Travel Uke (Uke Bug) ::: Ohana SK-50G Solid Cedar/Rosewood Concert (Mim)

Quote Originally Posted by Jan D View Post
    Yup. I listened to the HMS video of the new RC soprano this morning - numerous times. And heaven help me, but I really, really, really want to own that not-so-little, super fine-sounding ukulele.
    DITTO!!

Re: Indonesia vs Vietnam... OP may have just conflated HMS w/ Pono w/ Indonesia. No big deal. As long as they, both PONO & Romero treat their employees well, that's all that really matters.

Humans are more than just expendable objects for labor, needing breaking in...
    keeping an eye out for a very special concert....

Quote Originally Posted by Rakelele View Post
    Are you sure the boat is from Indonesia? To my knowledge, Romero Creations are made in Vietnam, whereas a prominent brand from Indonesia is Pono. On a different behalf, do they really ship by boat...??
    No data to back this up but I highly doubt that Romero Creations (or Pono) would be imported on a container ship due to lack of climate control. That would just screw up their a lot of product, erode brand reputation & drive costs up, etc.
    I wouldn't be surprised about other brands though. There's a pretty popular 4-letter brand that has ukes at every single price point w/ a ~33% return to vendor from dealer rate (at least from dealer(s) near me)... that I wouldn't be surprised if they transports ukes on shipping containers. I could be wrong. Their most premium line, however are made on the US West Coast. I have some of their plastic ukes (bought refurbished).

Per comment following mine, I stand corrected. Supply chain/logistics - definitely NOT my area.
    "Shipping containers are very often climate controlled. In the fine art world very expensive antique furniture is routinely shipped by sea to save on costs."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_eye/2...sport_our.html
    Last edited by Wukulele; 10-13-2019 at 12:50 PM.
    keeping an eye out for a very special concert....

Shipping containers are very often climate controlled. In the fine art world very expensive antique furniture is routinely shipped by sea to save on costs.
    Kamaka HF-2LD - Kanile'a Custom 5 string Super Tenor - KoAloha Special Issue Tenor - Pono MGTP5-PC - Pono ATDC-CR

Thread Information