A boat from Indonesia has arrived at HMS

eyedoc

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
And with it 29, yes Count them, 29 Romero creation ukuleles on their front page !
I imagine a few will be around for a while.

Of greater interest than the quantity are the new soprano and concert scale ukes with the larger and deeper bodies to give some similarity in sound to tenors.

Of greater interest than the quantity are the new soprano and concert scale ukes with the larger and deeper bodies to give some similarity in sound to tenors.

Yup. I listened to the HMS video of the new RC soprano this morning - numerous times. And heaven help me, but I really, really, really want to own that not-so-little, super fine-sounding ukulele.

Are you sure the boat is from Indonesia? To my knowledge, Romero Creations are made in Vietnam, whereas a prominent brand from Indonesia is Pono. On a different behalf, do they really ship by boat...?? :confused:

And with it 29, yes Count them, 29 Romero creation ukuleles on their front page !
I imagine a few will be around for a while.

Description @ Ukulele Site for new shipment still says VietNam... so does the Romero site.

Yup. I listened to the HMS video of the new RC soprano this morning - numerous times. And heaven help me, but I really, really, really want to own that not-so-little, super fine-sounding ukulele.

DITTO!!

Re: Indonesia vs Vietnam... OP may have just conflated HMS w/ Pono w/ Indonesia. No big deal. As long as they, both PONO & Romero treat their employees well, that's all that really matters.

Humans are more than just expendable objects for labor, needing breaking in...

Are you sure the boat is from Indonesia? To my knowledge, Romero Creations are made in Vietnam, whereas a prominent brand from Indonesia is Pono. On a different behalf, do they really ship by boat...?? :confused:

No data to back this up but I highly doubt that Romero Creations (or Pono) would be imported on a container ship due to lack of climate control. That would just screw up their a lot of product, erode brand reputation & drive costs up, etc.
I wouldn't be surprised about other brands though. There's a pretty popular 4-letter brand that has ukes at every single price point w/ a ~33% return to vendor from dealer rate (at least from dealer(s) near me)... that I wouldn't be surprised if they transports ukes on shipping containers. I could be wrong. Their most premium line, however are made on the US West Coast. I have some of their plastic ukes (bought refurbished).

Per comment following mine, I stand corrected. Supply chain/logistics - definitely NOT my area.
"Shipping containers are very often climate controlled. In the fine art world very expensive antique furniture is routinely shipped by sea to save on costs."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_eye/...d_shipping_containers_that_transport_our.html

Last edited:
Shipping containers are very often climate controlled. In the fine art world very expensive antique furniture is routinely shipped by sea to save on costs.

Top Bottom