Season 400 Myths and Legends

I don't know how many folks here are familiar with the story of Pecos Bill. He is, I guess, the quintessential Texas folklore/legend/tall tale. This is a song about him, but it doesn't tell his whole story. The first three minutes are the song, the rest is me telling "the rest of the story."

All that talk about how many versions of this there would be at the beginning of the season and now that everyone has moved on to #401 it seems this might be the only one.

I spend quite a bit of time practicing a medieval song about a guy who battles a water monster by playing a mean harp.
But unfortunately it turns out that it really doesnt go as well with my vocal range as I thought and it had 31 verses of bad sound.
Sorry, didnt manage to get it recorded.

Season 400 is now well and truly over. Many thanks to all who produced entries. I need to catch up on listening to the entries and when I've done that I'll produce a wrap.

The next significant season is 416 as that will mean we've been going for 8 years.

Thanks to you Geoff for hosting, and the chance to my first video!

Have really enjoyed all of everyone's!

Last edited:
Season 400 is now well and truly over. Many thanks to all who produced entries. I need to catch up on listening to the entries and when I've done that I'll produce a wrap.

The next significant season is 416 as that will mean we've been going for 8 years.

We're not going to make 8 years unless some hosts step up.
No hosts no seasons.
We have a gap next week....

Thanks, FB.

I had to cancel for that week due to unforeseen circumstances. Glad someone has picked up the baton.

Top Bottom