Another Request from Flea and Fluke Owners

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I just discovered that although the instruments made in CT, prior to 2012, had orange labels, they switched to yellow at some point. I'd like to determine when that happened. The Fluke I just bought on eBay is #17880, with a yellow label. Yellow labels are used on Fleas and Flukes now

No, the factory doesn't have that information. All the serial numbers, instruments, and dates aren't in one coordinated database. Even if they did, I wouldn't want to bother them with such a trivial thing. I don't have any trouble bothering all of you, though. :D

EDIT: If you haven't already given me this info, I'd like to know when you bought it (new or used) and if the saddle is molded-in or separate.

Last edited:
Flea, purchased March 2017, serial # 30646, yellow label.

My M-20 26623 126 has a yellow label.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 11 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 35)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

My M10 Fluke has an orange label - number 16265

I wouldn't want to bother them with such a trivial thing. I don't have any trouble bothering all of you, though. :D

hahahahaha.... Probably not much help since mine is way newer
Purchased Dec 2018 new. School bus yellow label: M40 "526" "32492"

1013190942_HDR_2.jpg

So, the three MFC instruments I have here, all have different labels: the Fleas have an oval shape sticker, and the Fluke a round one.
I post the pictures in the order I bought the instruments, which is not necessarily the one they where built. The green Flea, a tenor neck, I bought new from MFC in 2012, the red soprano Flea used in 2013, and the FLuke also in 2013 from a small online-shop here in Germany who had it around for some time without selling it as it has some cosmetic issues. Therefore I got as a B-stock instrument for a reduced price.
The label of the red Soprano is more whitish then yellow or orange than it seems from the picture.

Maybe this is of some help.

5A488814-C8B0-419B-AB74-71FECFA7EE0D.jpg

BE653627-A9CA-43FE-A687-797FC0743400.jpg

8579A30D-DDC7-4F97-9004-5AFD30DCFADF.jpg

Last edited:
Orange label on my M10 bought 2005 - number 13212

So, the three MFC instruments I have here, all have different labels: the Fleas have an oval shape sticker, and the Fluke a round one.
I post the pictures in the order I bought the instruments, which is not necessarily the one they where built. The green Flea, a tenor neck, I bought new from MFC in 2012, the red soprano Flea used in 2013, and the FLuke also in 2013 from a small online-shop here in Germany who had it around for some time without selling it as it has some cosmetic issues. Therefore I got as a B-stock instrument for a reduced price.
The label of the red Soprano is more whitish then yellow or orange than it seems from the picture.

Maybe this is of some help.

View attachment 122101

View attachment 122102

View attachment 122103

Is that Flea 10871 or 10811?

My M-20 26623 126 has a yellow label.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 11 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 35)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Thanks. Do you recall when you bought that? New or used. Molded-in saddle, or separate?

Top Bottom