A new addition to Got A Ukulele reviews

bazmaz

Reaction score
Thinking about how to get more detail into the Got A Ukulele reviews, and a friend suggested a borescope to take a better look inside them.

So, i grabbed one - this is it!

https://www.gotaukulele.com/2019/10/a-new-weapon-in-got-ukulele-reviews.html

And here are some more shots inside ukuleles I have reviewed before.

https://www.gotaukulele.com/2019/10/inside-some-more-ukuleles.html

In future reviews I hope to include similar photos of the insides too. Helpful if nothing else to check on tail blocks!

Thank you, Baz, this looks like a great addition to your toolkit.

I had picked up a cheap dental mirror to have a look around in my own instruments, but this lets you get some pictures to share with all of us. I do appreciate all that you do and share!

Okay, okay, I’ve got no more excuses to not become a patron. I’d considered suggesting a dental mirror, but the borescope is much better for this use case.

Any chance you will be able to include this type of footage in your video reviews? Or is it only suitable for still shots?

I like it. In particular it would be useful to illustrate just how unusual the construction techniques are that Pete uses on his Bonanzas. Like using a ring of plywood in place of kerfing on the HPL ukes.

That is very cool. When you describe the inside, I am curious to know what it looks like, even if I won't 100% appreciate what some of the construction details do for the instrument.

Although, if I owned a uke like the blue one ... ignorance is bliss, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Okay, okay, I’ve got no more excuses to not become a patron. I’d considered suggesting a dental mirror, but the borescope is much better for this use case.

Any chance you will be able to include this type of footage in your video reviews? Or is it only suitable for still shots?

It can take video but really not that great quality as it’s hard to control it. Might end up just looking a wobbly mess. Need to master stills first, but I will bear it in mind!

ohhhhhhhh can we see the inside of any of the Mt Fuji Anuenue Ukes ??

Love the images on the site Baz

Sadly, they were on loan to me, so don't have them any longer. Shame!

Most excellent Baz. Excited to see more internal photos.
It has me wanting to order one for myself to look inside of every one of my ukuleles and guitars. ��

Thanks for all you do,

Steve.

Top Bottom