Recommend Ebay source for tuners and binding to learn with...

steveholt

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Long time lurker and slowly learning reader of these pages.
I was wondering if anyone has some recommended sources on ebay for friction tuners and bindings. As I seem to best learn from my mistakes, I would like to keep the costs of some of the mistakes and the resultant 'consumables' down.
(edit: - I am based in europe, just in case that skews recommendations)

I have run a few searches, and have come up short - hopefully this post is not too much of a bother.

Thanks all, for this and all the learning I have taken from these pages on and off in the past few years.

Last edited:
1- Go to eBay
2- type in binding,
3- Select lowest price to highest price
4- pick that one.

:)

I don't know about the pegs, but I bought celluloid and ABS binding from Amazon that was reasonably priced, but I did pay extra for faster shipping.

Oh cool - do you know which vendor you used?

1- Go to eBay
2- type in binding,
3- Select lowest price to highest price
4- pick that one.

:)

Thats where I was at before the post lol - Nice to know now that that is not the silliest way to go.
Any idea on ebay grover-esque friction tuners? - I find this a little more daunting than the binding suppliers

Oh cool - do you know which vendor you used?

I'll see if I can figure it out.

Regarding the pegs: I bought some cheap Grover like tuners (not the peg type) to check them out, and my opinion is they are not worth the savings. Grover's are less than $15. To me replacing tuning machines in the future because I wanted to save $8 would be frustrating.

I did buy some cheap Chinese Grover like friction tuners from an Ebay seller, a while back, and as stated above they're not worth the saving. In fact they were rubbish and wouldn't hold tuning, no matter how much I tightened them.

Top Bottom