Blackbird Clara and Strap Buttons

Jerryc41

Reaction score
This topic came up in another thread, and I'm reposting this here. There was a discussion about adding a strap button to a Clara.

From Blackbird:

"It is totally safe to put a second strap button. You can have us do it, or you can do it yourself. Please note wood screws cannot be used, and the damages made while putting the second pin will not be covered by our warranty."

And later -

"Wood screws have a history of not always holding when used with Ekoa. We use sheet metal screws. No. 6 size screw, 1/2" long."

This topic came up in another thread, and I'm reposting this here. There was a discussion about adding a strap button to a Clara.

From Blackbird:

"It is totally safe to put a second strap button. You can have us do it, or you can do it yourself. Please note wood screws cannot be used, and the damages made while putting the second pin will not be covered by our warranty."

And later -

"Wood screws have a history of not always holding when used with Ekoa. We use sheet metal screws. No. 6 size screw, 1/2" long."

Thanks for that info, Jerry!

It would be nice if Blackbird put that on their own website, but at least it's here now. Hopefully it will help folks down the road.

It would be nice if Blackbird put that on their own website, but at least it's here now. Hopefully it will help folks down the road.

It will certainly help me. I'm not comfortable with the strap tied to the headstock.

It will certainly help me. I'm not comfortable with the strap tied to the headstock.

If you are going to drill a hole near the neck join heel area, consider just making a loop of cord and feed it through the hole from inside. It will be held in place by the knot inside the body, and you can fasten your strap to the loop instead of screwing on the strap pin. A loop of cord may cause less stress on the ekoa material than a metal screw.
I have used this method on an OU that I have.

Clever idea.

Top Bottom