New Collings with a Haircut

Huh. For a $2k uke, that Koa doesn't appeal to me at all. One of the big attractions of the older Collings ukes is their rich look and excellent construction. I'd have to say the one in the photo is quite underwhelming.

But that could just be me.

I reached out to them and was told the haircut headstock was from a stock photo from an old batch. The ones currently in stock are the same 3 pointed headstock design as the rest of the ut1 and uc1 from the limited release.

I reached out to them and was told the haircut headstock was from a stock photo from an old batch. The ones currently in stock are the same 3 pointed headstock design as the rest of the ut1 and uc1 from the limited release.

Thanks for that.

I got message from Collings about the new batch of ukes. As has been said it is just a batch of UT1 and UC1 all Koa and all pointed headstock. My enquiry was regarding a spruce top concert, and they say they can't rule out making these again, but they have no plans to do so.

I have a UC1 with the pointed headstock and 'boring grain Koa' and it plays and sounds superb - better than anything else I have from Martin and May-Moe! don't be put off...

I got message from Collings about the new batch of ukes. As has been said it is just a batch of UT1 and UC1 all Koa and all pointed headstock. My enquiry was regarding a spruce top concert, and they say they can't rule out making these again, but they have no plans to do so.

I have a UC1 with the pointed headstock and 'boring grain Koa' and it plays and sounds superb - better than anything else I have from Martin and May-Moe! don't be put off...
I have the UT1 and I agree, the sound a build quality is top notch and kind of like the plain look and satin finish

Top Bottom