Kala TSUB-S Transit Series Ukulele Bag, SHALLOW!

ukeinfused

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I recently bought a Kala TSUB-S Transit Series Ukulele Bag on Ebay. I believe it's the same bag that was sold with the later models of the high end American made Kala Elite ukes.

At first it seemed like a fantastic deal: really thick, nice handle and shoulder strap, and built like a tank, kind of a hard case cross-over.
However, this case is so shallow, it doesn't fit one soprano uke I own!
I have a dozen middle end and vintage ukuleles, and I have a stash of another several that I keep on hand give away.
It doesn't even fit any of them, even the slightly smaller 20's Weymann.

IMO, if you're going to sell a case for a thin bodied uke, you need to give measurements!
I'm going to try for a return, but it irks me to pay shipping.

Did Kala make this case for thin bodied ukes?
It doesn't make sense...

This is a re-list (there was just one listed when I purchased)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/352797011567

Last edited:
How much too shallow is it? Is that the only dimension that does not fit? If it is not returnable for something that does fit, I can fix it so it will. In addition to being a leather craftsman and an upholsterer, I also fix,make and adapt ukulele cases.

I have one of these cases. It fits my Martin soprano snugly, but I assume that is intentional to keep the instrument from bouncing around inside the case.

Tracie,

That was a good deal! But maybe that is because it's a second. One came with my Kala Elite concert and it fits that and my Kiwaya. The Kala body is quite a bit bigger than the Kiwaya, so I think it would fit any concert. I liked it so much that I bought one for my Elite tenor, which it also fits. I paid $46. If you can find the measurements it's supposed to be, you might check them against what you have. I think you're due a refund. There's no way it shouldn't fit your Weymann.

Teri

I know, old thread... but, I recently got one of these in concert size, and it is indeed shallow, like overstuffed. For a standard concert, including kala, it's really, really tight. The good news is, it fits my thinbody travel concert perfectly! This is weird because I had one that came with a Kala elite concert, and it fit fine... so maybe there are seconds out there. YMMV.

Top Bottom