Season 401: Tarantino

UkingViking

Reaction score
Intro video:

For this weeks theme, I want you to record songs that feature in the movies of Quentin Tarantino.

Some of these have stunning soundtracks.
I remember the soundtrack from Pulp Fiction being played at all parties I went to 20 years ago, and his later movies also feature great songs.

The usual rules apply.

No song limit.

I hope to find the best way to have modest Tarantino Themed prize(s) during the week, I will update when I find out.
Edit: I have decided to spare you from "Bad MotherF*cker" wallets from Pulp Fiction and "P*ssy Wagon" Key chains from Kill Bill. The prices will be some kind of music gift cards intended for a soundtrack. I just have to figure out which platform is best, so most people can use it.

PLAYLIST:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjGqiWnN3Jl_cajoJh6gvZh9985sPEIJc

Last edited:
I hope if I smash my vintage Martin uke in my video that the prize will be a vintage Martin uke!

I hope if I smash my vintage Martin uke in my video that the prize will be a vintage Martin uke!

I wrote modest prizes!
But I am glad someone knew the story I referenced in the teaser in the anttcipation thread :)

Anyone who does Miserlou competently wins.

Hey Mikkel did you want to add any criteria to give scope for people to do any originals? No problem if not.

not to be included in the contest as I recorded it a while ago, but here's my attempt at Misirlou …

Hey Mikkel did you want to add any criteria to give scope for people to do any originals? No problem if not.

Forgot about this.
Originals about the themes or characters of Tarantinos movies will be most welcome.
They can be about people with some of the same problems. Like having a time piece up their *ss (pulp fiction), or needing to kill every one in revenge (kill Bill). Or about reckless driving (deathproof), or how ugly war is, even the things people on your side does (inglorious basterds)

Hello, Mikkel ... great idea for the week! This song comes from "Pulp Fiction". The siren at the end is particularly appropriate today as I had to call out the Fire Service this morning (or the "Sapeurs Pompiers" as they are known here.) The handle broke on the door to the downstairs cloakroom and my husband was trapped .... seriously! We now need a new door!

It took me a while to spot this one in the various lists of songs that I found, but it just happens to be one my favourite old time songs, so I had to do it (again). It was sung by Bob Dylan on the soundtrack to Natural Born Killers (written by Tarantino), and also by Rose McGowan in Planet Terror, which was produced by him, and released as a double feature alongside his Death Proof. Now, I'll be up-front here - I have never seen a single Tarantino film. I am more of a Shrek man, and it was on that soundtrack too.

Statler Brothers song used in ... Pulp Fiction ... !

Did this one outdoors and didn't realize the uke was going to carry so much better than my voice! Mic placement ...

Top Bottom