Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 401: Tarantino

Default Season 401: Tarantino

Intro video:

For this weeks theme, I want you to record songs that feature in the movies of Quentin Tarantino.

Some of these have stunning soundtracks.
    I remember the soundtrack from Pulp Fiction being played at all parties I went to 20 years ago, and his later movies also feature great songs.

The usual rules apply.

No song limit.

I hope to find the best way to have modest Tarantino Themed prize(s) during the week, I will update when I find out.
    Edit: I have decided to spare you from "Bad MotherF*cker" wallets from Pulp Fiction and "P*ssy Wagon" Key chains from Kill Bill. The prices will be some kind of music gift cards intended for a soundtrack. I just have to figure out which platform is best, so most people can use it.

PLAYLIST:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...gvZh9985sPEIJc
    Last edited by UkingViking; 10-20-2019 at 09:27 AM.
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Anuenue African Mahogany Tenor, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

I hope if I smash my vintage Martin uke in my video that the prize will be a vintage Martin uke!

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbaroque View Post
    I hope if I smash my vintage Martin uke in my video that the prize will be a vintage Martin uke!
    I wrote modest prizes!
    But I am glad someone knew the story I referenced in the teaser in the anttcipation thread :-)
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Anuenue African Mahogany Tenor, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

clever theme! <runs off to look stuff up!>
    lynda

doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

Anyone who does Miserlou competently wins.
    PLAYERS: Martin C1K • Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top) • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ • Flea koa soprano • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany soprano <yay!!> • Famous by Kiwaya FS-1 <yippee!!> • Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> • Makala MK-CE concert
    LOOKERS: • Vintage 'Mauna Loa' c. 1925 soprano • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano <eyeroll>

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Quote Originally Posted by hendulele View Post
    Anyone who does Miserlou competently wins.

Hey Mikkel did you want to add any criteria to give scope for people to do any originals? No problem if not.

not to be included in the contest as I recorded it a while ago, but here's my attempt at Misirlou …

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbaroque View Post
    Hey Mikkel did you want to add any criteria to give scope for people to do any originals? No problem if not.
    Forgot about this.
    Originals about the themes or characters of Tarantinos movies will be most welcome.
    They can be about people with some of the same problems. Like having a time piece up their *ss (pulp fiction), or needing to kill every one in revenge (kill Bill). Or about reckless driving (deathproof), or how ugly war is, even the things people on your side does (inglorious basterds)

Season hasn't even started yet but I sense a theme song coming along.....

Thread Information