Season 401: Tarantino

Down in Mexico.

From 'Deathproof' (2007), a Coasters (which is to say, a Lieber/Stoller) number - Down in Mexico.

I had a very pleasant but very busy time in NYC, thank you for asking. Sadly, although I smuggled (past my nearest and dearest!) a uke on board the plane, I never got to meet up with any fellow ukesters in NY, and it travelled back to England having never left its case.

Even if Samuel L. Jackson promises you dinner at Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles, DON'T GET INSIDE THE TRUNK OF THAT CAR!

Hi ukulele folks. Here is my take on the famous Bobby Womack hit from 'Across 110th Street' which was used in the Tarantino film 'Jackie Brown'. Made my own little one man band using a lot of different instruments so I am excited to know what you guys think of it. The two main instruments for the rhythm and solo parts are my electric ukuleles.

Tarantino's Death Proof has a killer Serge Gainsbourg song with English lyrics by April March. Short and not at all sweet :p

So, less than 48h left of the season!

Playlist is up to date, 31 songs so far. Some really great stuff in between!
It also goes to show that even those who are not into Tarantinos movies can still find something on the soundtracks that they like.

Still a bit of time to go, and quite a few seasonistas who havent played for us yet. Hope to hear from a few more to make this season even more fun!

Here is another Satisfied Mind, I Wim-ified it quite a bit, as I did not listen to the original or any of the cover before pressing record, I just found chords and started playing ;).

Hey there, since I’m hosting next week I thought I ought to put something on for this week. I am not that familiar with the Quentin Tarantino movies or songs but I did recognize this one and have always wanted to learn it. Now all I need is practice… Lots and lots of practice, LOL.

It seems like entries are slowing down, the sweet new season coming up.

I will just sneak in one more Satisfied Mind cover here, since all you guys versions made me want to take it on.
This might end the season? Prove me wrong!

I did see that you accidentially posted this somewhere else, put it on the list earlier :)

Yeah, I thought I posted it here yesterday, but then didn't see it here today after searching/viewing all 6 pages, and discovered I had posted it in the wrong place< I have since deleted it there. Shoulda quit while I was ahead, or was I? :D Fun Season!

It's been a while since I tried to multitrack and harmonise with myself... and since I have a deadline coming up, I decided to procrastinate with some Chris Isaak.

Top Bottom