Master Grade Blackwood - Lutz Tenor with Scrimshaw Inlay

BR Ukuleles

Reaction score
Another one from the last group of instruments.

Blackwood with Lutz and Babinga bindings. Ebony fret board, peg head veneers and bridge. I'm loving using Vintage bone nut and saddle for the warm buttery look.

The inlay is composed of vacuum dyed Maple, Koa and Faux Ivory with scrimshaw shading.

Blackwood and Lutz Spurce Tenor - 5.jpgBlackwood and Lutz Spurce Tenor - 6.jpgBlackwood and Lutz Spurce Tenor - 9.jpgBlackwood and Lutz Spurce Tenor - 12.jpg Blackwood and Lutz Spurce Tenor - 13.jpg

Wow Allen you have really taken it to the next level, the headstock inlay and scrimshaw work are exquisite. The Blackwood back is primo looking in the high gloss finish. I love the round sound hole, truth be told I am not a fan of the oval sound hole. This is a superb looking instrument thanks for sharing

Beautiful work as usual Allen. However upon closer examination I detected a microscopic fleck of dust (~3 microns) on the side of the lower right bout. See picture:

Blackwood and Lutz Spurce Tenor - 7.jpg

I detected a microscopic fleck of dust (~3 microns) on the side of the lower right bout.
Knowing Allen I would say this was intentional. Probably a customer requirement.
Miguel

If I won the lottery I think I'd have more than one of Allen's ukuleles in my possession. Fantastic, timeless design and craftsmanship.

Top Bottom