FS - Hudson HUK MC Concert. All solid mahogany. Lovely quality. UK sale.

ErnieElse

Reaction score
Over the last few years I have sold several of my ukuleles on this site including a solid mahogany Kala Soprano and a solid mahogany Ohana Tenor. In each sale the buyer has been extremely happy as the several references in those different threads prove.

After my previous sales (maybe 7 or 8 instruments) I decided to keep only one uke as an alternative to my guitars. But it is simply not getting played and deserves better.

This Hudson HUK MC is comparable to a Kala KA SHMC. Indeed I would say it is made in the same factory but with a different name on the headstock and a couple of upgrades. It has the same tortoiseshell binding but adds an abalone rosette and abalone headstock inlay. In my opinion it is much better made than either the Kala KA SHMS or Ohana TK35 I have sold on this site. It sounds at least as good as these brands too, but it isn’t a recognised brand so if that matters to you then maybe you won’t be interested.

I bought it from Cranes in Cardiff about 8 years ago for about £150 and I’ve since installed a strap button. The hard case is original and in mint condition. In addition the sale includes a Planet Waves strap, Planet Waves strap quick release, Worth Brown strings, some spare Worth Brown and Clear strings and an Aroma ukulele stand.

I think the Kala KA SHMC retails for over £220. Add in the other bits and installation of the button and I suspect you’d be looking at about £260 in total.

I am selling for £98 including signed-for postage or collection in Doncaster. It will make someone a great first all-solid instrument, but might appeal to some more experienced players as a beater for gigging.

Condition is fantastic. No dings or scratches. The only signs of use are some small shiny patches (not scratches) above and below the sound hole due to strumming. These are genuine so it has been played a bit, but IMO they add to the laid-back, mellow solid-mahogany vibe.

It’s a great little uke and one day I am sure I will regret selling it. But right now it is not being played and it should be ....

Please get in touch with any questions. Thanks for looking. Buy with complete confidence.

Ernie

FF8EDFD0-C2A1-4F38-A331-DC0F55D40C54.jpg
546E1455-93FB-46AD-845D-F532CB110DD5.jpg
8A061BDE-0D64-4A3B-9CD7-AC3FBDB940F6.jpg
6FCC015F-020B-4C02-A701-55964DB85372.jpg

Attachments

• 909718A2-03A1-42FA-8F51-6BA4FBB03E73.jpg
    909718A2-03A1-42FA-8F51-6BA4FBB03E73.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Hi All,

This item never sold and I am listing it again today. It has not been played for maybe five years and has been in the case all that time. I long since moved across to guitar and this is the last of my ukes. Part of me wants to keep it as it was my first decent quality instrument but in reality I can’t see me playing it very much and it deserves someone to love it and play it. It is a fine all solid mahogany instrument.

The only changes to the original description are the price which is now £110 (which will include excellent packaging and signed for delivery or collection from Doncaster) and the absence of the Aroma stand in the bundle.

Please do not be put off by the unfamiliar name. As I say in the original listing it is much better made than comparable Kala and Ohana instruments. I have owned several of these in the past, all sold on this forum a few years ago if you search, and this is a better instrument.

Please search for my several other sales on here to find I am a trustworthy seller. So get yourself a bargain and give this lovely uke a try. I am not selling it because I prefer any other of my ukes, quite the opposite as it is the last of about ten ukes I once owned.

Thanks for reading.

Ernie

Top Bottom