Full, warm sounding strings

jricc

Reaction score
I just bought a Romero Creations ST Concert. My budget allowed for the all laminate version, but it is the thinnest laminate I have ever seen. It's a really good sounding uke and I'm very happy with it. It ships with Romero UT2 Tenor Ukulele Set (wound low G). They are fluorocarbon strings. Any suggestions for a warm, full string set? Thanks in advance.
jricc

Martin M600 or. Worth clears are my typical suggestion. However, for loud, bright and clear, I’d suggest Aquila reds.

Staying with fluorocarbon that are on the warm side.....Living Water, Fremont Blacklines, Worth Brown’s and Oasis warm. If you go from concert gauge to tenor gauge they will be even warmer. Next step up in warmth are nylon strings.

I just bought a Romero Creations ST Concert. My budget allowed for the all laminate version, but it is the thinnest laminate I have ever seen. It's a really good sounding uke and I'm very happy with it. It ships with Romero UT2 Tenor Ukulele Set (wound low G). They are fluorocarbon strings. Any suggestions for a warm, full string set? Thanks in advance.
jricc

I'm watching this with interest because I recently bought a Romero ST concert scale (solid top/laminate). The low G Pepe Romero strings sound great on it - rich, full and warm. I'm very happy with the sound so I'm kind of torn between wanting to stick with the Pepe Romero strings when it comes time to change them and the curiosity of trying another set. I just know that if I do try a different set of strings I'd want them to be low G, warm and fluorocarbon.

Last edited:
Thank u all for the suggestions! Will try the Worth or Living Waters
@ukecaster, is the unwound low G a Romero string?

The Romero Creations ukulele sets are made by LaBella and are on the warm side (and a bit pricy as well). I suppose it comes down to whether or not you like the gauge as they lean towards the heavier side. I didn't care for the low G—dull sounding flat wound—and installed a fuller sounding D'Addario Extended Play silver wound (.028") and love it on my Replica.

Top Bottom