Strings Worth Strings

kkimura

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I've noticed that a lot of Worth ukulele string descriptions do not say what size ukulele they are for. Can they be used on any size ukulele?

I haven't noticed the non-descriptive descriptions on Worth strings; be that as it may, they are more than long enough to use on any sized ukulele. For example, I use concert strings on my Kamaka HF3L. However you have to realize that there are repercussions to using the string set you choose. Strings designed for smaller ukuleles have less tension. Less tension makes it easier on the fingers and makes it easier to festoon your playing with string bending and glissandi. On the other hand, less tension makes the strings less resonant. So, you can do whatever you want, but you do need to take responsibility for your choice. I personally hate the traditional tinny, chirpy ukulele sound. So I always get looser strings to affect a murkier, more sombre tone.

On the Worth site you can download a PDF of a chart of all the ukulele string sets, their characteristics, gauges and, of course, lengths. The lengths are either 48" (for tenor through soprano) or 63" (intended for tenors and baris). Each string designation (like BT or CL) comes in only one length. The lengths should make two sets of strings for the intended size range.

About the string types: http://worthc.to/english/about.html
Page with chart and downloadable PDF: http://worthc.to/english/w_strings.html

Thanks, the info in the PDF really helped.

"3. According to the length,
We prepare 46 inched and 63 inches.
46inches version is basically for soprano and concert size ukulele.
63inches is basically for more than the Tenor size ukulele.
But you can set CL63 or CM63 for the Tenor size ukulele instead of CT. It is all free and depends on your taste.
We can provide 63 inches of 46 inches version with extra charge."

Are Worth low G's wound?

My baritone ukes wear Worth CB Clear strings. The 63 inch length gives you plenty to string 2 ukes. 63 inch strings are for Tenors & Baritones. 48 inch strings are for Soprano & Concert sizes. Each set gives you enough to string 2 ukes. None of the Worth strings are wound, they're all plain flourocarbon, including low G on the smaller size ukes, & low D on Baritones.

Last edited:
Top Bottom