Thread: Hello from the Santa Cruz Mountains

Default Hello from the Santa Cruz Mountains

Hi!

I'm Megan, I've been playing uke for two years and I love it to death. I lead a ukulele club for homeschool kids, I attend as many of the Santa Cruz uke events as possible, and I carry one of my five ukes with me everywhere, much to the consternation of my husband, who prefers guitar.

I'm here to learn new things! I'd like to make a uke sometime in the next year; the mountains where I live have a ton of redwood and madrone trees and I'd like to learn how to make a uke from scratch. I also collect Harmony ukes and they often need repairs, so I'd like to learn to do that right.

Well met, fellow ukers!

Megan

Welcome to UU Megan
    Happy just to be a Newbie +, Penny

Welcome Megan!
    YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/user/joedynamo1066/featured
    Latest: Off to California Octave Mandolin, https://youtu.be/KnHAEH7Ss-o

Welcome Megan!

Welcome! C'mon in, the waters fine! Tell us about your ukes!
    John

Welcome Megan, obviously you're really into it, you'll fit right in here. Be sure to check out the Builder/Luthier forum.

https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...thier-s-Lounge

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 11 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 35)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

touch base with Rick Turner and Tony Graziano...both builders are in Santa Cruz and have been doing it for years
    Kanile'a K-2 Concert,Ko'Aloha Super Concert,Maui Music 1998 Koa Tenor,Compass Rose Koa Tenor,Graziano Koa Tenor,Kamaka HF3-S,Moore Bettah Milo/Sitka Spruce Tenor,DeVine mother of curl Koa/Engleman Spruce Tenor,Ko'olau Indo Rosewood/Sinker Redwood Tenor,Washburn Lyon and Healy 1936 Bell shaped soprano,Lfdm Bastogne Walnut/Carpathian Spruce Tenor,Rollo Scheurenbrand African Blackwood/Adirondack Spruce Tenor

Thread Information