Thread: Larrivee Ukulele 1996 Made In Canada

Default Larrivee Ukulele 1996 Made In Canada

Here is an unusual ukulele for you. This is a custom soprano from Jean Larrivee.

This custom soprano is from 1996. the back appears to be mahogany, and the top and sides look like koa (but are probably nicely figured mahogany). One piece mahogany neck, ebony fingerboard, bridge, faceplate, heelcap, and bottom strip. No front position markers, only side white dots.

Full abalone purfling on the soundboard. Abalone rosette and bridge accents. Maple binding on the top and the bottom. 12 fret joint. Friction tuners. Mother of pearl logo inlay. Sterling silver inlay around border of headstock. And it comes with a UkeCrazy hard foam gig case.

Neck is perfectly straight. Someone asked about string height at the 12th fret. On both sides it's about 1/16". Action is low on this uke, with plenty of room to raise it if you like. I have a very light touch.

This instrument has a very clear yet round tone. It is in immaculate condition for it's age. Very precise instrument.

I am selling because I just don't play it. I have a Collings Concert that gets all the playing time.

$775.00 Shipped (plus PayPal)

Last edited by Uburoibob1; 11-02-2019 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Lowered price

Wow! Best pics I’ve ever seen on this site! Nice looking ukulele!

Lovely uke, great photos too!
    If music be the food of love, play on! -Bill Shakespeare

• Larrivee Soprano Uke
    http://bobmartin1111.com

PRICE DROP: $850/shipped

Price drop: $775 shipped

Nice soprano. Quite attractive. I've admired their guitars, played by friends, for years, but I'm not very familiar with their ukuleles.

Please share your method for getting these high quality and size photos posted. We all would appreciate knowing how you do it.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Thread Information