Larrivee Ukulele 1996 Made In Canada

Uburoibob1

Reaction score
FS: Original Larrivee Ukulele 1996 Made In Canada - Lowered Price

Here is an unusual ukulele for you. This is a custom soprano from Jean Larrivee.

This custom soprano is from 1996. the back appears to be mahogany, and the top and sides look like koa (but are probably nicely figured mahogany). One piece mahogany neck, ebony fingerboard, bridge, faceplate, heelcap, and bottom strip. No front position markers, only side white dots.

Full abalone purfling on the soundboard. Abalone rosette and bridge accents. Maple binding on the top and the bottom. 12 fret joint. Friction tuners. Mother of pearl logo inlay. Sterling silver inlay around border of headstock. And it comes with a UkeCrazy hard foam gig case.

Neck is perfectly straight. Someone asked about string height at the 12th fret. On both sides it's about 1/16". Action is low on this uke, with plenty of room to raise it if you like. I have a very light touch.

This instrument has a very clear yet round tone. It is in immaculate condition for it's age. Very precise instrument.

I am selling because I just don't play it. I have a Collings Concert that gets all the playing time.

$750.00 Shipped (plus PayPal)

LarriveeUke_Full34L.jpg

LarriveeUke_Full34R.jpg

LarriveeUke_FullBack.jpg

LarriveeUke_FullFront.jpg

Last edited:
Nice soprano. Quite attractive. I've admired their guitars, played by friends, for years, but I'm not very familiar with their ukuleles.

Please share your method for getting these high quality and size photos posted. We all would appreciate knowing how you do it.

Nice soprano. Quite attractive. I've admired their guitars, played by friends, for years, but I'm not very familiar with their ukuleles.

Please share your method for getting these high quality and size photos posted. We all would appreciate knowing how you do it.

Sorry, just saw your post. I edit and size the images in Photoshop. Save them at 2000 px in the longest direction (height or width). I save them as JPGs at 60% quality to keep the file sizes small. I upload them to the FTP area of one of my websites. Then I add links here using the IMAGE tool to link directly to them at the URLs on my FTP site.

The original run of Larrivee ukuleles were really nice - high end all the way. Their more recent runs are great ukes, but more utilitarian in design. I prefer the sound and playability of their originals from the 90s. First uke I fell in love with when I saw it in a store back then in Rochester, NY. They wanted $900 at the time, which was way out of my range. However, in 2012, when I got this, that price seemed doable.

By the way, this is still available. It's a great Uke, but I play my Collings Concert all the time. Soprano is just a bit small for me.

Thanks,
Bob

Last edited:
Top Bottom