Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NUD Romero Creations ST Concert Dan Ho (Laminate Mahogany)

Thanks for posting. I purchased the TT solid top, laminate body before the stopped making them. I am curious on sound the “thin” laminate produces and for traveling on airplane I guess ST concert is even smaller. I’m impressed with sounds of ST in both solid wood and the laminate. I play high g so would like to try that.

On intonation, I find different string not only can make any ukulele sound different, better or worse, I’d check the nut slots . Going from RC flurocarbon to Aquila which is a fatter string may need to be adjusted.

I’d like to try ST Concert in both solid and laminate. A year I with solid spruce top/ laminate version on the TT I find myself wanting a all solid, spruce/mahogany or perhaps. Koa version. I love the size and playability of these RC instruments.

I should try to play the ST concert just because but only own tenors. I got travel and do take various Pono tenors, and sometimes a Fluke tenor and now the TT solid top. I don’t find hauling even a full size tenor an issue.

Have fun and good luck. I think solvinght e intention should be fairly easy fix.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by M3Ukulele View Post
    Thanks for posting. I purchased the TT solid top, laminate body before the stopped making them. I am curious on sound the “thin” laminate produces and for traveling on airplane I guess ST concert is even smaller. I’m impressed with sounds of ST in both solid wood and the laminate. I play high g so would like to try that.

On intonation, I find different string not only can make any ukulele sound different, better or worse, I’d check the nut slots . Going from RC flurocarbon to Aquila which is a fatter string may need to be adjusted.

I’d like to try ST Concert in both solid and laminate. A year I with solid spruce top/ laminate version on the TT I find myself wanting a all solid, spruce/mahogany or perhaps. Koa version. I love the size and playability of these RC instruments.

I should try to play the ST concert just because but only own tenors. I got travel and do take various Pono tenors, and sometimes a Fluke tenor and now the TT solid top. I don’t find hauling even a full size tenor an issue.

Have fun and good luck. I think solvinght e intention should be fairly easy fix.
    Cheers
    Thanks! Solved the intonation with a string change and letting them settle. I have a solid spruce Ohana tenor that sounds good, but this laminate Romero sounds better.

Quote Originally Posted by kkimura View Post
    Found a source for the $169 ST concert laminate. Only this one is $179. https://alohacityukes.com/collection...oncert-ukulele

Uke Republic has the ST concert laminate (uke + case) for $149 https://www.ukerepublic.shop/store/p...le_Pack.html#/

Quote Originally Posted by wykhuh View Post
    Uke Republic has the ST concert laminate (uke + case) for $149 https://www.ukerepublic.shop/store/p...le_Pack.html#/
    KOOL! Uke Republic comes through again!
    Kamaka HF3, Tenor
    Martin S1, Soprano
    Ko'olau C1, Concert
    Flight TUS-35

Quote Originally Posted by wykhuh View Post
    Great deal! I wish I could've found it before I bought mine...

Quote Originally Posted by jricc View Post
    Thanks! Solved the intonation with a string change and letting them settle. I have a solid spruce Ohana tenor that sounds good, but this laminate Romero sounds better.
    What strings did you finally solve the intonation issue with?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by man0a View Post
    What is "all the extras" for $100 extra?
    When I bought mine, the "package" was the only way it was available.
    Not $100 worth of extras, but here goes:

High-quality Romero Creations® bag with storage pouch and adjustable shoulder strap, made by Access® Bags & Cases

Chord Chart (144 essential 'ukulele chords to play any song in any key, two-sided, laminated card)

Pepe Romero Strings® nylon set (optimized for soprano, concert, and tenor 'ukuleles and includes both high and low G strings)

Sheet music for Daniel's hit 'ukulele song "Pineapple Mango"

Daniel Ho signature 'ukulele strap, adjustable

Romero Creations® polishing cloth

Pineapple Mango sticker

Note that the nice gig bag (in Bold) comes with every version, so not really an extra.
    Last edited by jricc; 02-25-2020 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jkib View Post
    What strings did you finally solve the intonation issue with?
    Thanks
    I wound up using the Aquila Nylgut strings and I dig them. They are nice and warm and the intonation is much better, if not spot on.

Thread Information