Thread: Kamaka still making 8 stringers?

Default Kamaka still making 8 stringers?

Hey guys. I saw Kamaka had an updated site today and when I browsed the product section they didn't display an 8 string uke. Are they still making 8 stringers?
    Cordoba Tenor Bocote

Was it ever a regular production item? I see no mention anywhere of any new ones being available.

Victory! It's taken me over half an hour to get this posted.

I had a couple of links to Kamaka 8-strings being sold in the past, but I'm not going to spend another half hour trying to post them. Mim and HMS each had one for sale.
    Last edited by Jerryc41; 10-22-2019 at 07:53 AM.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

your best bet is to email Kamaka I would think..they may call them taro patch
    Kanile'a K-2 Concert,Ko'Aloha Super Concert,Maui Music 1998 Koa Tenor,Compass Rose Koa Tenor,Graziano Koa Tenor,Kamaka HF3-S,Moore Bettah Milo/Sitka Spruce Tenor,DeVine mother of curl Koa/Engleman Spruce Tenor,Ko'olau Indo Rosewood/Sinker Redwood Tenor,Washburn Lyon and Healy 1936 Bell shaped soprano,Lfdm Bastogne Walnut/Carpathian Spruce Tenor,Rollo Scheurenbrand African Blackwood/Adirondack Spruce Tenor

YES, they were a production model.
    They're not many of them around, my wife has the only one I've ever seen here.
    That thing really sings, she's having a pickup put in it now, so she can play it on stage.
    It sounds mandolin like, more volume and sustain than any other 8 string uke. The koa sounds amazing!
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

There were a couple on Reverb. You can have Kanile'a build an 8 String or one of the Custom builders.
    K
    Sopranos, Concerts, and Tenors including Baritone body at a Tenor Scale - 4 String, 5 String and 8 String :-)
    For Sale: Seagull Nylon String
    For Sale: National Mahogany Resonator
    For Sale: Gold Tone Resonator

I don't know about 8-strings, but I have definitely confirmed with Tekla at Kamaka that they are still making the longneck sopranos even though they are not on the website. So I'd recommend calling or emailing if you're really interested.

I was on the factory tour last year and got the impression that they only build the six and eight string models if they get ordered by a dealer or other individual and not as regular production anyway. So I assume that even though the HF-38 is not on the website anymore it is quite likely that they could build one if a dealer ordered one, but it may take months/years of waiting for it. I am thinking about going on the tour again next month, and then will see if they still have one hanging behind the counter.

I see that The Ukulele Site just posted a 6 and 8 string Kamaka check them out pretty rare to see them come through
    Kanile'a K-2 Concert,Ko'Aloha Super Concert,Maui Music 1998 Koa Tenor,Compass Rose Koa Tenor,Graziano Koa Tenor,Kamaka HF3-S,Moore Bettah Milo/Sitka Spruce Tenor,DeVine mother of curl Koa/Engleman Spruce Tenor,Ko'olau Indo Rosewood/Sinker Redwood Tenor,Washburn Lyon and Healy 1936 Bell shaped soprano,Lfdm Bastogne Walnut/Carpathian Spruce Tenor,Rollo Scheurenbrand African Blackwood/Adirondack Spruce Tenor

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 50 View Post
    I see that The Ukulele Site just posted a 6 and 8 string Kamaka check them out pretty rare to see them come through
    Indeed, and the six-string looks like it is rather low priced (I remember them being closer to 2K).

Thread Information