Greetings from Russia!

RabitHabit

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Sonya, I play piano, guitar and almost half of a year play ukulele. I'm also a composer (record piano, guitar, and ukulele samples and play with them in FL studio). My ukulele started is detuning recently and I'd like to figure out what may be the reason.

Welcome to UU Sonya, splacibo. Check out the other forums, like Uke Tech Support and Builder/Luthier lounge. Detuning could be caused by the tuning machines loosening. Try tightening the little screw holding the finger knob, or if the machine has a screw holding a gear, tighten that.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 11 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 35)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Welcome to UU from France, Sonya.
Another reason for a detuning issue could be strings that stick in the grooves on the nut. Silicone or graphite grease can help.
-the problem is when you strum hard and the strings are pulled to the playing side of the nut and then stick in the nut grooves.
Good luck!

Top Bottom