Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KoAloha's vs. Opio's vs. Rebel's

Thanks all. I decided to try something totally new to me and order a double creme from Mim after finding this older HMS sound sample on the web : https://www.theukulelesite.com/rebel...reme-1934.html

This one has both Kalei and Corey playing and I think probably gives a pretty good picture of the tonality. I think mango is sometimes described as "mushy", but I guess I would describe it as "fat" sounding. Probably mostly due to the build but also the wood.

The current sample they have up has a lot of closed position, muted playing and doesn't give nearly as good a picture of the sound.

I knew there had been a different sample up at one point and was specifically looking for that one before making a decision. Just took me a while to find it.

Anyway, I think I'll like it as least as much as I liked my KSM-00c. I'll probably post an NUD when I get it.

Thanks all.
    Last edited by CPG; 10-24-2019 at 03:48 AM.
    Weymann Model 10 Mahogany Soprano (c. 1918)
    David Hanson (Cripple Creek Mandolins) Mahogany Teardrop Soprano

P.S. Just a reminder of how awesome Mim is. She emailed me within an hour of placing my order to tell me that my uke had a "blem" on it and that I could either choose another or take the same one with a $30 discount. She sent me a picture of the blem. It's just a little area on the g side of the neck/base of the headstock where the finish is a little cloudy. I stuck with the one I had chosen and took the discount. She's already got it setup and is shipping it out today. That's some pretty insane service!

Quote Originally Posted by CPG View Post
    Sigh, wish I could edit thread titles.
    You can, if you click on "Edit" and then "Go Advanced."
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    You can, if you click on "Edit" and then "Go Advanced."
    I think that only lets you edit the title on the original post. When you post a new thread the initial post get the same title. When you "Go Advanced" on the original post you can change what appears at the top of the initial post, but the thread title still appears in the forum as it was originally created.

I could be wrong but I think that's how it works.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by CPG View Post
    I think that only lets you edit the title on the original post. When you post a new thread the initial post get the same title. When you "Go Advanced" on the original post you can change what appears at the top of the initial post, but the thread title still appears in the forum as it was originally created.

I could be wrong but I think that's how it works.

Thanks for the recommendation.
    You're right. I tried it, and the title in the post changes, but not the title in the list. Odd.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Thread Information