Stainless steel sheets

Pegasus Guitars

Reaction score
Looking for a U.S. source for .012 stainless sheet cut to my specs of 4" x 24".I only need 6 pieces. I've looked online and the minimums are huge and the shipping is crazy. I'm thinking there must be a shop out there, not a major corporation, that would custom cut some pieces and drop them in the mail. I'm looking for the tempered kind that does not shear well and must be cut with the rolling kind of cutter.Any guesses just give me a phone number and I'll call them. Thanks, Bob

Today I was driving up the road and I noticed a stainless steel kitchen pedal bin put out side a house for the scrap men to collect....I used one of these several years ago to make some slats for my first bender..these bins are made of a thin .5 mm inner and outer cylinder construction and contain enough material to make a great foxy type bender..if you cannot find a scrap one the price of one in a supermarket is still a lot less than buying the material from a dealer.

Thanks. I do a lot o that kind of stuff. I always want to try new material when I hear it might be good. I heard that the tempered stainless sheets are different in use, so wanting to try it. Probably end up in the scrap heap like many other ideas over the past 40 years, but I'm addicted to the search for the best materials and tools.--Bob

I like McMaster-Carr for all that kind of stuff, but Metalsupermarkets.com sometimes has things I can pick up cheaper locally (I'm in a larger city, 20 miles from one of their stores) and both will sell small pieces and ship small orders. I'm sure shipping to Hawaii is a big complicating factor in figuring pricing, though.

Thanks for all the responses. The hidden cost of living in Hawaii is if you need something out of the ordinary, you won't find it here.-Bob

I like McMaster-Carr for all that kind of stuff, but Metalsupermarkets.com sometimes has things I can pick up cheaper locally (I'm in a larger city, 20 miles from one of their stores) and both will sell small pieces and ship small orders. I'm sure shipping to Hawaii is a big complicating factor in figuring pricing, though.

I'll second McMaster-Carr. They're quite fast, and they have an excellent return policy. Read it here: https://www.mcmaster.com/returns

Apparently they didn't let lawyers anywhere near it.

Aloha Bob.. have you called any of the sheet metal shops near you?? sometimes they have scrap pieces they've held on to or they might be able to order some in for you.. for us on Oahu we have Royal Metals and and a few sheet metal fabrication shops that tend to save scrap pieces from previous jobs.

Thanks. I have checked locally. I am looking for a particular alloy of .012 tempered stainless. Not commonly used too much locally.

Thanks again for all the replies. I ended up buying some from John Hall at Blues Creek.. Just have to find a way to get it cut to size because it can't be sheared. Needs a rolling cutter. That should be a little easier to find when the steel gets here.

I don't know what kind of resources you have there, but a company that does fabrication for commercial kitchen spaces might be able to help you out if you can't find a standalone metal shop.

Top Bottom