NUD-Kala TEM

deadpool

Reaction score
I’ve been AWOL from this forum and ukuleles in general for several years having given away all my ukes. Well, yesterday I returned to the fold. After flying to Maui, I bought the subject uke after a/b ing it with a couple of Islanders and another Kala. This one has some exceptional flame and to me sounded the best of those tested. I’m now trying to clean off all the rust from my skill-less ability-it’s all fun.

I know an all plywood uke doesn’t have all the tone and mojo of a solid, but for a travel instrument it should serve me well. Plus, it really does sound and play well. Thanks Bounty Music.

Thanks, Mike

Last edited:
Welcome back! You'll probably find a few new faces here on UU. I've always liked the sound of the Kala TEM ukuleles.

My first uke was a Kala TEM. A great instrument for the money, I sold it after gravitating to concerts.

I still have my Kala KA-CEME that I got about 9 months after starting, & still play it even though I have more expensive ukes, presently my goto if I feel like a quick tune, as it just sits there awaiting me. Enjoy, have fun, & welcome back. :)

Top Bottom