Tuning Peg Maccaferri Islander

Olddiverman

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have a Maccaferri Islander which is in beautiful condition but is short of a tuning peg (together with the holding screw). I have the ivory plastic knob and the two washers.
My question is can anyone help me out please or point me in the right direction. I am really quite desperate to get this lovely uke into full playing condition.

Thank you for that. I spoke to him before I posted here but no joy I'm afraid.

Thank you for that. I spoke to him before I posted here but no joy I'm afraid.

Looking at the review on the ‘Got a Ukulele Site’ I see that friction Tuners are used. Perhaps you can’t get hold of original parts but I wonder if you could get hold of a set of alternative Tuners instead. Maybe a follow up question to Ukester Brown to see what might be interchangeable and get the Uke into playable condition?

If you’re friendly with someone who’s handy on a lathe then they might make you a replacement shaft for fun or a token charge, they’ll be able to identify the screw type too.

Last edited:
Am I right in that you need a specific metal post with a tightening screw? Or even a set that is a match or near match?
let me know, post a picture of a dissembled one, I never throw anything away it seems, so I may have something.

Am I right in that you need a specific metal post with a tightening screw? Or even a set that is a match or near match?
let me know, post a picture of a dissembled one, I never throw anything away it seems, so I may have something.

Hi, ideally I need a Maccaferri post but if I could find four working posts that fit that would give me a working ukulele while I wait.
Here is a photo of the peg and screw. The dimensions are: length below collar 1 inch (25mm). Diameter of shaft 1/8th inch (3mm). Screw ½ inch (12.5mm).
Peg.jpg

My address is: 21, Christa Court, Liskeard, Cornwall, UK, PL254BX. Thank you for your efforts; I would be very happy to pay any costs.
Geoff.

I'll mail it Friday, I think you Post it over there.
The screw is useable but somewhat compromised. All else seems to be a match.
Dave

Top Bottom