“SOTU 402...Sickening Sweet Season”

Oh, that does sound like a good time!
Folks I have been listening to your entries. I am going to make comments and we’ve got some gyms here. Actually I quite like all of them.
I am however having trouble remembering how to add your videos to the playlist. Can someone remind? I even looked up how to do it and I still can’t figure it out. I’m trying to do everything on my phone. Maybe that’s not possible

Hey, Janet,

Great theme! I have a couple of sappy contributions in mind.

A hundred of us spent the weekend in Mayberry, er, Mount Airy, N.C., Andy Griffith’s hometown, at the first Mount Airy Uke Retreat. Cathy Fink, Marcy Marxer, Kent Knorr, and George Smith led the festivities. Almost everything took place at the Andy Griffith Playhouse and Museum. It was fantastic (also it was North Carolina’s first ukulele festival). Plans are under way for next year’s event, scheduled for the weekend before Halloween.

Anyone within driving distance should consider going. A fine, fine time with gobs of stuff to take away and learn!

Advertisement over.

Folks I have been listening to your entries. I am going to make comments and we’ve got some gyms here. Actually I quite like all of them.
I am however having trouble remembering how to add your videos to the playlist. Can someone remind? I even looked up how to do it and I still can’t figure it out. I’m trying to do everything on my phone. Maybe that’s not possible

If you're listening to the video on You Tube, there's a button labelled "Save" click/tap on that and it will save it. On a PC/Laptop you will get a drop down menu and you can select the appropriate playlist. On a tablet it automatically saves to the one you most recently used but a "change" option shows up and you can change it. Alternatively,
Tap and hold on the "Save" button and the menu should show up. At least that works on the iPad. I assume that Android will be similar.
I also reckon a phone will work that way too as the OS is basically the same as the corresponding tablet.

Last edited:

On my android phone/tablet I go through the thread, play and then pause each video in order. As I'm signed into Google they then appear in my YouTube history, so I go there, click the three dots next to each video and select add to play list, it comes up with a tick box option of all my play lists so I select the relevant one and the tick stays there so I know where I'm up to

Hi, Janet! My first for the week, recorded against a background of gooey honey ... very appropriate for an exceedingly sentimental song. I dedicate this to someone I know who simply NEVER answers the phone!

(Hope you have managed to sort out your issues with the Playlist ... I do it on the laptop, which is pretty straightforward.)

Not sure if this is really cheesy... But I can say I know people who will find it "over sentimental" (whatever that means).

It is a sad tale of a family coping with Alzheimer's... It was inspired by a recent visit to the hospital were my FiL is an in-patient. We took him out for a meal and in the middle of it he suddenly had a very lucid moment and expressed a wish to die and said it was criminal that euthanasia was illegal.

This song was the result of my reaction to his comment.

Thanks Linda, that’s what the instructions said that I found on the Internet. I tried everything and it doesn’t seem to work on the phone so… I will get on the computer today, which I rarely do anymore, and try it there. Thanks.
If you're listening to the video on You Tube, there's a button labelled "Save" click/tap on that and it will save it. On a PC/Laptop you will get a drop down menu and you can select the appropriate playlist. On a tablet it automatically saves to the one you most recently used but a "change" option shows up and you can change it. Alternatively,
Tap and hold on the "Save" button and the menu should show up. At least that works on the iPad. I assume that Android will be similar.
I also reckon a phone will work that way too as the OS is basically the same as the corresponding tablet.

Oh, definitely going to try this first! Thanks .
On my android phone/tablet I go through the thread, play and then pause each video in order. As I'm signed into Google they then appear in my YouTube history, so I go there, click the three dots next to each video and select add to play list, it comes up with a tick box option of all my play lists so I select the relevant one and the tick stays there so I know where I'm up to

When I take my sugar to tea.
Attempting to twist my fingers around some jazz chords

The only thing sweet about this vid is that fact that this song was covered by the very talentedTaron Egerton in the kids movie Sing with all the rough edges polished off in that typical kids film fashion.

Oh and my kids joined in.

Well, darn, no 3 dots for me but they are in the history on the pc on YT. There is probably a different way to do it easy like that. I'm getting her done now though that I'm actually siting at the computer! lol.

Got it all smoothed out and I'm caught up. Loving all the gooeyness goin' on! (っ◕‿◕)っ ♥ ♡ Love to all my Seasonista pals!! There's a couple of songs I've been waiting for and wondering if they will be done.....?

Cheers for hosting this one Janet. Here's my vomit Inducing entry of 'Feelings' ………

Top Bottom