“SOTU 402...Sickening Sweet Season”

hi Janet!
an original song we wrote awhile back, newly recorded today for the season.
thank you for hosting mate. with love from us and our two little friends we roped in for the film. :love:
xoxo

(THEME FROM) TWO LITTLE WOODPECKERS

When I found you in that big oak tree
Knew in my heart that we were meant to be
Cause I got love & you got love
Baby, baby we got love, love

When I saw you peckin' on that sweet ol' branch
I wasn't gonna throw away my chance

Let's build a nest & raise some peckers together
Love each other 'til the end of never

And if the wind blows a little stronger
I'll wrap my wings around you just a little longer

When I found you in that big oak tree
Knew in my heart that we were meant to be

I followed pa and mythinformed, doing an instrumental.
"Als ich fort ging/As I went away" from Karussel in 1987 tells from a love's end, but between the lines about leaving the country (which vanished two years later).

Hello again, Janet! This song comes from 1963 and is sickeningly sweet in the extreme. Freddie and the Dreamers were a British group who enjoyed a brief period of fame in the mid-Sixties. Freddie would bounce around the stage with his arms and legs flying in all directions, and his backing group were also choreographed. (If you have never seen them - and probably most people here haven't - this is a link to the original version of the song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbUfYWJT_Y8)

Last edited:
Sugar Bush (1930), a song by Fred Michel and Eve Boswell. Apparently the song was based on a South-African traditional "Suikerbossie". My version would be much sweeter, if I could carry a tune. :)

Annette Hanshaw is the sweetest treat. I am to blame if anyone feels queasy.

I never realized this song had a second verse different from the first... but that only in the gospel original... All other things ening equally, I probably would have done this number on my tenor or concert - but there's a good reason I picked up the soprano..

I accidentally put this up on the wrong YouTube account! "Teacher Joko" is my English test-prep profile.

This one is a bit gooey.

From Alan Jackson...

Read the YouTube description about the bonus material appearing at around the natural end of the song at 4 minutes.

Hey all? Thanks for all the great entries. I think there are 38! Pretty good outcome :) I'm hoping for more and I'll give you a hint of the first ones I thought of when I came up with the theme. They both have candy in them, yummy (っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Hey all? Thanks for all the great entries. I think there are 38! Pretty good outcome :) I'm hoping for more and I'll give you a hint of the first ones I thought of when I came up with the theme. They both have candy in them, yummy (っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Savoy Truffle - The Beatles

"The song was written by George Harrison and inspired by his friend Eric Clapton's fondness for chocolate. The lyrics list the various flavours offered in Mackintosh's Good News chocolates and serve as a warning to Clapton about the detrimental effect that his gorging would have on his teeth."

Here's a quick take of a Jim Lauderdale song I wanted to get in for this week. I've messed with this song a few times, and always get a kick of my wife's reaction to it.

Yes! More songs to listen to and add to the play list.
Here’s another hint on the 2 songs that are on my mind for this Season...neither one is a love song!

Top Bottom