Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Beansprout is ready!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig. View Post
    Aaaand?
    And... words fail me. I've been trying to put my thoughts together in fits and spurts over the past two weeks, but it's hard to find time to do it justice. What free time I have had is taken up playing it instead of writing about it. (I teach college, and I'm afraid that this is a very busy time of year as I try to wrap up the semester.)

Full review coming, I promise, but for now I will sum it up as: if you can, buy one! :-)
    Mainly a concert player.

Beansprout alto (myrtle) | Martin Konter | Kala Elite Soprano | Rebel Double Cream mango concert
    KoAloha Silver concert | Blackbird Clara | Kamaka HF-2 (special) | Kanile'a K-1 C
    Anuenue UC200 Moonbird Concert | UkeSA Pineapple Sunday concert (acacia) | Pop's Pineapple Sunday (koa)

Quote Originally Posted by Cluze View Post
    I can tell you how things worked with my instrument. At the time of ordering, I specified all the normal stuff, what woods to use, size, pickup/no pickup, binding, etc. I also specified that I was going for his "wabi sabi" aesthetic, which would influence his wood selection.

About two months out from my build date, Aaron sent me pictures of 4-5 different specific pieces of wood. He said if any of those weren't what I was looking for, he would send some more. As it was, I totally fell in love with the wood that you see there.

At about a month out from start of build, all of my choices for other options were "locked in" and he got to work. The end result looks amazing.
    Firstly congrats on a beautiful ukulele. Aaron's process with you sounds amazing. How wonderful to be given the choice of so many woods, etc! Wow :-)
    K
    Sopranos, Concerts, and Tenors including Baritone body at a Tenor Scale - 4 String, 5 String and 8 String :-)
    For Sale: Seagull Nylon String
    For Sale: National Mahogany Resonator
    For Sale: Gold Tone Resonator

@Cluze
    Hallo! The Beansprout Bug Is Biting....
    I tried to send you a PM, but am not sure it actually Went (no copy in my Sent folder to refer to).

Please let me know if you received it? If not, I can try again, or post my questions here.
    Thanks!
    ~ S.

Quote Originally Posted by Spieler View Post
    @Cluze
    ...or post my questions here.
    Thanks!
    ~ S.
    Fire away, maybe I can answer your questions. I have an alto that is quite like Cluze s.
    Last edited by Ludwig.; 12-29-2020 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spieler View Post
    @Cluze
    Hallo! The Beansprout Bug Is Biting....
    I tried to send you a PM, but am not sure it actually Went (no copy in my Sent folder to refer to).

Please let me know if you received it? If not, I can try again, or post my questions here.
    Thanks!
    ~ S.
    PM received and replied to.

I have found that the system doesn't really do the "sent" thing like you would expect...
    Mainly a concert player.

Beansprout alto (myrtle) | Martin Konter | Kala Elite Soprano | Rebel Double Cream mango concert
    KoAloha Silver concert | Blackbird Clara | Kamaka HF-2 (special) | Kanile'a K-1 C
    Anuenue UC200 Moonbird Concert | UkeSA Pineapple Sunday concert (acacia) | Pop's Pineapple Sunday (koa)

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig. View Post
    Fire away, maybe I can answer your questions. I have an alto that is quite like Cluze s.
    Oh, cool! I just realized I saved a picture of yours in a recent surf-through. Every time I view the Beansprout gallery, I focus on a different feature (or more accurately, which I'd also paid attention to ____ and/or ____ when looking through every previous time!).

In this instance, I was keying in on fretboards: I'm drawn to those that present as horizons/roads/land- or skyscapes, as yours definitely does!

I'm mostly taken by how Aaron's eye, how so many distinctive elements work together as a whole time and again, vs a patchwork.

In the short (if hazy) time since I first asked here yesterday, I've connected with @Cluze directly, and... reserved a build spot.

I'm looking forward to having this to look forward to, the process and the final result.

I'm not sure what else to ask at this point, other than: tell me about your Beansprout, whatever it is you'd love for someone else to know (especially someone who can't see or hear one in person).

Or maybe, how much preference did you bring to bear at the onset, and where did Aaron take it from there?

~ S.

I have an alto too. I love it. Mine is quite different from Cluze’s and Ludwig’s although theirs are really stunning instruments and I was sorely tempted to ask Aaron for one like theirs. I’m also on the list for a baritone but I’m deferring for a while because I’m temporarily out of the country and don’t want to deal with international shipping here and back home. Haven’t decided yet what wood to choose because all of his baritones sound and look good.
    Last edited by Mark.T; 01-02-2021 at 03:38 AM.

That is really pretty, I love that asymmetric look and how beautifully it's balanced with the back. Sounds wonderful too.

Congrats on a very lovely ukulele!
    Last edited by pix.fairydust; 01-01-2021 at 10:53 PM.
    ~ "Music washes away the dust of everyday life" ~

---------- ----------------- ----------

Concert - Kanile'a KSC-C * Ohto San cedar + koa 16"
    Tenor - Oulcraft curly myrtle * Sumi Kobo sinker cedar + ziricote * Anuenue UT200 * Risa LP Cherry sunburst * Ono 18" Torrefied spruce + koa (Bb tuning)

Did I miss the review yet?
    Kamaka HF-3DC - KoAloha KTM-S00 - Kanile'a SUS B DLX - Kanile'a K-1B - Pono MGTP5-PC

No, I have been rather remiss in my duties on this one, I'm afraid. Not that the instrument doesn't deserve praise and some time in the spotlight. I have just been too distracted by <gestures everywhere.>

I have been meaning to do some in-depth reviews of all of my instruments, and maybe 2021 is the time it finally gets done!
    Mainly a concert player.

Thread Information