My Beansprout is ready!

Cluze

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I got an email late last night that my Beansprout alto is ready!

I don't really have much to add, except that I was so excited I had trouble sleeping. Now I just have to send final payment and wait for it to make its way across the country. (That will also be hard, I suspect...)

Link to gallery and video here.

:) subscribe! :)

Is Alto the same as Concert?

Beautiful!

Wow, that's a beauty! Sounds great too, congrats!

Nice!
Congrats!

Congrats on a beautiful instrument with a lovely sound. Enjoy and happy strumming

Thank you all for your kind comments.

The wait from ordering until now wasn't as bad as the wait now that it is done while it is shipped out to me! :)

When I was deciding on a custom ukulele, I was totally smitten with Aaron Keim's work. I can't wait to actually play this one myself, and I can't wait to share my impressions with all of you.

I'm curious to know how much back and forth there is with wood selection etc. You agree on the wood to use but do you see several samples of myrtle for example to choose from or is that left to Aaron?

If you ever have a chance to go to an event with Aaron and Nicole, don't miss it. They're great performers and great instructors.

I'm curious to know how much back and forth there is with wood selection etc. You agree on the wood to use but do you see several samples of myrtle for example to choose from or is that left to Aaron?

I can tell you how things worked with my instrument. At the time of ordering, I specified all the normal stuff, what woods to use, size, pickup/no pickup, binding, etc. I also specified that I was going for his "wabi sabi" aesthetic, which would influence his wood selection.

About two months out from my build date, Aaron sent me pictures of 4-5 different specific pieces of wood. He said if any of those weren't what I was looking for, he would send some more. As it was, I totally fell in love with the wood that you see there.

At about a month out from start of build, all of my choices for other options were "locked in" and he got to work. The end result looks amazing.

Excellent thank you, that is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I very much hope I can order one of these myself at some point. I think I already know more or less what I would like but it's great to hear how much involvement you get in the process.

Looks gorgeous! And sounds as it looks. :)

Aaron is about to start mine any minute now. Actually, I thought, he already started building; then I noticed that it is yours. The set of myrtle I choose looks a lot like it, due to the fact that it is from the exact same board.

So, get ready for another wabi-sabi one-piece alto soon. Until then: Enjoy yours! :)

I was just admiring that uke! Love the angle, since it would be level while playing. Very nice choices!

And... it has arrived!

More details later, but it is the single most beautiful physical object I have ever held. It sounds and feels amazing. I lack the superlatives to describe it.

Full NUD post or review coming soon!

Top Bottom