Problem with the strings

RabitHabit

Reaction score
Hi everyone again. As I mention in my greetings post https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?141958-Greetings-from-Russia!
I have a problem with my ukulele, and I have no idea what may be the reason. Could it be cold weather or humidity? My ukulele strings are constantly detuning. There was a thought in the thread that strings could stick in the grooves but surely I would notice that. Did anyone have the same problem with their guitar? I store my ukulele and guitar in a separate room, and that's really moisty, I was thinking about buying a dehumidifier. But I don't have another place to store the instruments. And do not want to spend money on useless devices. Can be strings detuned because of humidity?

UPD. Hello, the reason was the low temperature, as I can see. It was cold September, and I felt the fresh air blowing through the window, bought an oil heater, like these, you know. So, I bought one of these and ukulele was the same after three days of this heater working.

Last edited:
What kind of tuners are on the uke? Geared or friction? How much detuning? How quickly?

New strings may take a while to stretch before they keep their tune. Humidity and temperature will affect the strings if temperature or humidity drops tuning will go down. If it goes up tuning mat be high.Some strings also take a longer time to break in. Also check the tuners to see if their are screws that might be loose.

Top Bottom