First tune learned

Loveiz

Reaction score
It's taken me some time prob over a year of self teaching and lots of YouTube learning as I don't know anyone that plays an instrument. It's the best I can do yet so any critique or comments is always useful.
The E7 and Em cords I find hard to get to quickly but it's getting better.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vmd1kmozkegrkpm/IZ.mp3?dl=0

Last edited:
Good job on keeping the tempo and rhythm so steady!

Congratulations on your first song post on UU. The secret is to keep making recordings and posting here. You will find yourself making much greater progress than playing in private.

Thanks guys, funny thing is as soon as I press that record button often things go to pot!
Creates great respect for people who play in public.

Thanks guys, funny thing is as soon as I press that record button often things go to pot!
Creates great respect for people who play in public.

You're not alone in that buddy. I can play something over and over and do it eventually without hitch, but then once that record button is pressed it all goes to pot.
Nerves I suppose. we know we're being recorded so we tense up as we're keen to get it right.
I find nowadays if I just leave the recorder...er...recording (i.e. without hitting the STOP button and then pressing RECORD again each time I start the piece again after I've gone wrong) and just play the piece over and over, that eventually said 'tension' goes away. I relax back into it as I sort of forget now I'm being recorded and just enjoy the playing. And things go okay.
I then just delete all the unwanted bits and keep the bit that went well. Might be worth you having a try at that technique if you haven't already.
Nice job on the playing, by the way! x

Top Bottom