New guy......sort of

deadpool

Reaction score
Greetings All,

I’ve been a member for some time, but drifted away from here and the ukulele several years ago. I’ve started up once again and seem to be starting from square one, so thought I’d reintroduce myself. First to clarify my username. I did an online quiz a long time ago that said my super hero persona was close to Deadpool. That was way before the movies and hype etc. So, no intention of riding on the fame of any of that.

In the old days I had a bunch of ukes. Sold a couple and gave a bunch away. Just have one that I got last week, a Kala TEM. I a/b’d it with 4or5 similar tenors, and it seemed the best to me (of course I know zip).

So, that’s about it for now. I’m mainly a lurker so I’ll sit back and read all your posts.....

Mahalo!

Glad the ukulele drew you back to the UU. Welcome, and best of luck with your musical journey. There are a lot of ukulele enthusiasts in Bend, so you’ll be in good company. :)

Jan (another Oregonian uker)

Welcome back DP, it shouldn't take you long to get back into the swing of things.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 11 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 35)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

You sound like me . Was interested a few years ago the n fell away, then came back. The new flood of youtube videos is a powerful lure for novice players who want to pick up any instrument....

Yep, me too. I started and fell away quickly 15 years ago, then again 10 years ago. Now retired and have the time, I've been sticking with it. Unfortunately, I'm already acquiring Ukuleles way above my "play" grade.

Top Bottom