Top 10 Solutions To UAS - Poor Man Style

about2

Reaction score
If a new ukulele is not in your budget, here's some things to try:

1. Borrow and play your Scottish's friends bagpipes for a month. You'll be ever so thankful to go back to your old ukulele even though it's not the latest and greatest.

2. If you have more than one ukulele, let your spouse hide one for a month. Then it may feel like a welcomed friend when its returned.....

3. Change to your Hi G to a Low G . . . or visa versa.

4. Take the money you've saved for that new uke and pay a hypnotist to associate your desire for a new uke to barking like a dog. You may not have the uke of your dreams, but you will certainly be an entertaining topic of discussion at dinner parties.

5. Pull out that really challenging song and focus on it--forget about looking at new ukes.

6. Try different string sets. You might just fool yourself into thinking the uke is new rather than the strings.

7. If you're motivated negatively, then set up a penalty system - every time you look online for a new uke, you have to give $5 to which every political party you least like.

8. Lower or raise your tuning. You might surprise yourself with how much better your uke may sound. It certainly will sound different.

9. Use your headphones! While playing your favorite uke artist through your headphones, quietly strum along on your old ukulele. With volume at full blast, you will sound just like your favorite artist. Guaranteed!

10. Forget all the above. Take out a second mortgage and purchase the uke of your dreams.....

i don't want a cure for UAS/GAS, it keeps me going.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 11 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 35)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Shouldn't bury focusing on a challenging song (#5) in the middle. As a really good and realistic idea it should be first or last.

Changing the tunings (#3 and #8) are also decently reasonable ideas, but can be counter productive: now I need low-G, high-G, low-D, and high-D in each size! :)

And it may be cheating, but another way is to look at other instruments: I haven't bought a new uke since I started on bass. Let's not talk about new basses ;)

What? UAS is just a subset of GAS, so that doesn't count? Darn it!

i don't want a cure for UAS/GAS, it keeps me going.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 11 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 35)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Yes, I agree entirely! :shaka:

Actually I started looking for harps to forget about any new uke... Big mistake! Now I want a new uke and a celtic harp. My wallet shivers!

Top Bottom