NUD: Moore Bettah

Congratulations Matt! That is exactly how I'd want my MB uke to look, if I could have one.
Maybe I'll see one or two at TBUG this weekend...

Thanks everybody for all of the congratulations and kind comments.
@kernaltime I know exactly what you mean. I've been sitting on this NUD for a few weeks. I wasn't even sure if I was gonna do one, to be honest, but in the end I just thought it would be a shame not to share it with the community.

Since a couple of you mentioned that you'd like to hear a sound clip, I've recorded a few and just uploaded them to a SoundCloud playlist. This is the first time I've ever actually attempted to record myself, and I don't feel like the clips do the instrument justice. My recording equipment isn't all that great either. I'm still trying to figure out the best settings, positioning, volume, and all that stuff. Most of the recordings sound a bit muffled to my ears, and there's definitely something missing. In person the uke sounds so vibrant and alive, and it's just not coming through in the clips.

That said, I think the snippet of 'Here Comes the Sun' is the best representation of the real-world magic that is the Moore Bettah sound.

Here's the SoundCloud link: https://soundcloud.com/user-104262065/sets/moore-bettah

I've also attached my absolute favorite picture of the uke. It's one that Chuck posted himself as a sneak peek of the instrument before I got my hands on it. I think it captures the raw beauty and intricate detail of this piece of art perfectly.

Thanks again.

Lovely tone. 1st tune was SOTR of course, was it done in lo G?
Was the 2nd tone Lava?

Lovely tone. 1st tune was SOTR of course, was it done in lo G?
Was the 2nd tone Lava?

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! Yes, it was done in Low G. I’m tempted to try it out in High G when it’s time to change strings, but the Low G sounds so darn good.

Great story. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom