Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions: Outdoor U Soprano vs Flight TUS?

I bought a Flight TUS50 from Amazon. When it arrived, the bridge had shattered where the G string attaches. At least one other person here on UU has posted about a broken bridge on a Flight uke. I am not impressed with the brittle plastic they're using. This may be one of those situations where you get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by tm3 View Post
    Thank you, I had not seen that one!
    Per the video, I would rank the sound of the Flight above that of the OU.

She says that the intonation and playability of the OU is better than the Flight.

I didn't hear her comment about build quality. It seems like I read something about problems with the Flight tuners, but I can't remember where.

Quote Originally Posted by acmespaceship View Post
    I bought a Flight TUS50 from Amazon. When it arrived, the bridge had shattered where the G string attaches. At least one other person here on UU has posted about a broken bridge on a Flight uke. I am not impressed with the brittle plastic they're using. This may be one of those situations where you get what you pay for.
    That might be the problem that I read about, only I mis-remembered it as being a tuner problem instead of a bridge problem.

Seems like the brittle plastic bridge and wooden top would give a durability edge to the OU.

Since I have a Flight, I want to weigh in that I have had zero issues. Mine has a compensated saddle, so intonation is great.

There has been a recent change to the Flight tus with a different saddle arrangement apparently they had some problems with the original my tus has a plastic neck and fret board and the paint has started to wear on the frets ,it sounds good to my ears but others have changed the strings .

Quote Originally Posted by EDW View Post
    Since I have a Flight, I want to weigh in that I have had zero issues. Mine has a compensated saddle, so intonation is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger uke View Post
    There has been a recent change to the Flight tus with a different saddle arrangement apparently they had some problems with the original my tus has a plastic neck and fret board and the paint has started to wear on the frets ,it sounds good to my ears but others have changed the strings .
    Thanks! The Flight certainly seems to be the most bang for the buck.

All you need is a pocket knife and a few bits and bobs and you can make your own https://www.instructables.com/id/Mak...-pocket-knife/
    My friends call me Titch. I have been known to clown.
    Ian Titulaer is my normie name.

https://sites.google.com/site/titchtheclown/

Thread Information