Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Halloween from Canada!

Red face Happy Halloween from Canada!

Hi everyone!! I was supposed to be born on Halloween so I thought I might make it my UU cake day as well :)

My name is Yuen-yee (or Yuni for short, rhymes with Clooney like George Clooney) and Iím from Canada. Currently hanging out in Mississauga but I used to live in Hamilton, and then Toronto before that. Iím not in witness protection or anything, just a traveling student!

Iíve been lurking here a couple of months but finally decided to make an account so I can see the pictures people post, haha

Just picked up the ukulele in January, but this isnít my first rodeo! I played violin for about 17 years until I developed really bad tendinitis from too much gaming (yikes!!). Also tried out the viola and guitar during that time but didnít stick with them :(

Last year I got a cortisone shot for my wrist (it feels like hot lava going into your veins!) and afterwards I could finally move my hand normally and didnít require a stiff brace for wrist support. So I guess thatís how my ukulele journey started!

Stay spooky you guys ★彡

Welcome to UU Yuni
    Grandma Penny

Ty!!

Welcome Yuni!

Welcome to the UU, Yuni. I like your sense of humor, and look forward to your posts. I am Canadian, too, and have lived in Halifax and Dartmouth (N.S), Moncton (N.B), Shellbrook (Sask.), Vancouver (B.C), now living in Oregon. I'm not in witness protection either. And can't blame it on my university degree. It's just how my life unfolded. Like you, I have a musical background as well, but I didn't discover the ukulele until later in life, and I'm having a blast. It's such a fun little instrument, so easy to get started on, but fully capable of providing as much challenge as you are willing to embrace. Enjoy your journey!

Jan D.
    KoAloha KCM-00 (koa concert)
    KoAloha Opio KCO-10 (acacia concert)
    Thormahlen Yew-kulele (yew concert)
    Kala KA-SLNG (long neck soprano)
    Flight TUS35 (blue soprano)
    UKE LOOKING FOR A NEW HOME:
    *Snail SUC (solid top mahogany concert)

Welcome to UU Yuni, seems like you will fit right in (lots of "U"s in that sentence).

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 11 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 35)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers
    Last edited by kohanmike; 11-01-2019 at 07:46 AM.

Welcome Yuni from another Canadian, there are a bunch of us here. The GTA (Greater Toronto Area) has a number of Uke Jams if you are willing to travel a bit to attend. They are great fun and a wonderful way to play with other uke crazies.......I me enthusiasts
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Welcome Yuni. I used to live in the Streetsville area of Mississauga. I bought a ukulele in a music store on Main Street in Streetsville, called Strings Attached. If you can try to get there. Enjoy your ukulele..
    LACole
    Laurie Ann Cole

Northern UK20 Concert Mahogany GCEA Aquila Lava
    Beaver Creek BCUKEFM-T Tenor Maple Flame gCEA Díaddario Pro Arte
    Eddy Finn EF-Moon Concert Mahogany gCEA Aquila SuperNylgut
    Beaver Creek BCUKE-S Soprano Mahogany gCEA Díaddario Black Nylon
    Ohana PKC-25G Concert Mahogany Pineapple gCEA Aquila
    Donner DUC-3 Concert Spruce/Mahogany gCEA Donner

CPM CT-Q2 chromatic clip on tuner
    Snark SN-4 tuner
    Donner tuner

TY for the welcome you guys!! Glad to see some other Canadians here too I know the Streetsville area a bit...I go there to play pokemon go haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Lacole View Post
    Welcome Yuni. I used to live in the Streetsville area of Mississauga. I bought a ukulele in a music store on Main Street in Streetsville, called Strings Attached. If you can try to get there. Enjoy your ukulele..
    Not sure if you know the (former) owners, but I used to play with Christian in high school. We opened for his dad a few times. I haven’t been back in years, but I saw that they sold the store about a year ago.

Adam

Thread Information