Happy Halloween from Canada!

YUNI

Reaction score
Hi everyone!! I was supposed to be born on Halloween so I thought I might make it my UU cake day as well :)

My name is Yuen-yee (or Yuni for short, rhymes with Clooney like George Clooney) and I’m from Canada. Currently hanging out in Mississauga but I used to live in Hamilton, and then Toronto before that. I’m not in witness protection or anything, just a traveling student!

I’ve been lurking here a couple of months but finally decided to make an account so I can see the pictures people post, haha

Just picked up the ukulele in January, but this isn’t my first rodeo! I played violin for about 17 years until I developed really bad tendinitis from too much gaming (yikes!!). Also tried out the viola and guitar during that time but didn’t stick with them :(

Last year I got a cortisone shot for my wrist (it feels like hot lava going into your veins!) and afterwards I could finally move my hand normally and didn’t require a stiff brace for wrist support. So I guess that’s how my ukulele journey started!

Stay spooky you guys ★彡

Welcome to the UU, Yuni. I like your sense of humor, and look forward to your posts. I am Canadian, too, and have lived in Halifax and Dartmouth (N.S), Moncton (N.B), Shellbrook (Sask.), Vancouver (B.C), now living in Oregon. I'm not in witness protection either. And can't blame it on my university degree. It's just how my life unfolded. Like you, I have a musical background as well, but I didn't discover the ukulele until later in life, and I'm having a blast. It's such a fun little instrument, so easy to get started on, but fully capable of providing as much challenge as you are willing to embrace. Enjoy your journey!

Jan D.

Welcome to UU Yuni, seems like you will fit right in (lots of "U"s in that sentence).

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 11 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 35)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:
Welcome Yuni from another Canadian, there are a bunch of us here. The GTA (Greater Toronto Area) has a number of Uke Jams if you are willing to travel a bit to attend. They are great fun and a wonderful way to play with other uke crazies.......I me enthusiasts:p

Welcome Yuni. I used to live in the Streetsville area of Mississauga. I bought a ukulele in a music store on Main Street in Streetsville, called Strings Attached. If you can try to get there. Enjoy your ukulele..

TY for the welcome you guys!! Glad to see some other Canadians here too :eek: I know the Streetsville area a bit...I go there to play pokemon go haha!

Welcome Yuni. I used to live in the Streetsville area of Mississauga. I bought a ukulele in a music store on Main Street in Streetsville, called Strings Attached. If you can try to get there. Enjoy your ukulele..

Not sure if you know the (former) owners, but I used to play with Christian in high school. We opened for his dad a few times. I haven’t been back in years, but I saw that they sold the store about a year ago.

Adam

Not sure if you know the (former) owners, but I used to play with Christian in high school. We opened for his dad a few times. I haven’t been back in years, but I saw that they sold the store about a year ago.

Adam
I haven’t been there since 2013. I didn’t know the store had changed hands. I’ve bought a guitar, ukulele and books galore there. They have always been helpful.

Ukulele club.

You should look up the Bytown Ukulele club. They have a website and are available on Facebook. They have many pdf or word files on their website that you can download. These files have a large number of songs with lyrics and chords to play. Bound to be several you would enjoy.

Top Bottom