Future Sale: Beansprout Concert Banjo Uke

Jerryc41

Reaction score
Advanced notice: In April, I'll be selling a brand new Beansprout Banjo Uke - walnut/pistachio. I put a deposit on one, and then four days later, Aaron sent a general email saying he had three ukes for sale, including a like-new banjo uke like the one I had ordered. I bought that one immediately, preferring not to wait six months.

Since the deposit is non-refundable, I had a choice of losing $300 or buying a duplicate uke. So, in April, this uke will be ready to go, and I'll be selling it immediately. Price: $1550, plus $60 shipping.

Jerry maybe you can just sell your build slot? I think it would be easier to sell the $300 build slot rather than the banjo uke.

Jerry maybe you can just sell your build slot? I think it would be easier to sell the $300 build slot rather than the banjo uke.

Nope! A friend already asked me about that. That would mean I'd get a refund. Of course, I can request any instrument that Aaron makes. The deposit is in, but I've given no details.

Oh, I see. You mean I would collect $300 from someone, and they would specify what kind of build they want. No, that's too involved. Too trusting on someone's part. Will I live another six months?

Six months is a long time, so people will have time to think about it before I have to give Aaron the specifics.

So, in April, this uke will be ready to go, and I'll be selling it immediately. Price: $1550, plus $60 shipping.

How much would it be if I just ordered one in the exact same spec?

Edit, just found out - same price.

Last edited:
Someone taking over a build slot is not all that uncommon. Basically they just give you $300 and then Aaron switches your name out for theirs and deals with them as if they are the one who put down the initial deposit. Easy. You would both need to clear it with Aaron first but it definitely wouldn’t be the first time it’s been done.

Keeping the slot allows for the possibility that the April 2020 uke will be the one you want to keep, and you sell one of the others. This is what I would choose because Aaron is getting better all the time and or you never know which uke will come out as being a standout. There are still 166 days to 15 April 2020.

I can't imagine Aaron making a bad instrument, but I'll keep an open mind and see what this one looks like when I receive it. I saw it online, and it's beautiful.

Someone taking over a build slot is not all that uncommon. Basically they just give you $300 and then Aaron switches your name out for theirs and deals with them as if they are the one who put down the initial deposit. Easy. You would both need to clear it with Aaron first but it definitely wouldn’t be the first time it’s been done.

That's correct. Years ago, I took over someone's slot at mya-moe with Gordon's approval.

Advanced notice: In April, I'll be selling a brand new Beansprout Banjo Uke - walnut/pistachio. I put a deposit on one, and then four days later, Aaron sent a general email saying he had three ukes for sale, including a like-new banjo uke like the one I had ordered. I bought that one immediately, preferring not to wait six months.

Since the deposit is non-refundable, I had a choice of losing $300 or buying a duplicate uke. So, in April, this uke will be ready to go, and I'll be selling it immediately. Price: $1550, plus $60 shipping.

I would imagine that 4 days after you put the deposit he would be willing to just transfer that deposit to the uke he had for sale, as it isn't like you changed your mind, but just want it earlier. Did you ask him? Did this just happen?

double post

Last edited:
Have you asked for a refund? Seems like refunding you shouldn't be a big deal since you already purchased another instrument from him.

I would imagine that 4 days after you put the deposit he would be willing to just transfer that deposit to the uke he had for sale, as it isn't like you changed your mind, but just want it earlier. Did you ask him? Did this just happen?

Oct 26 - Oct 31. It's a non-refundable deposit. The uke I bought belonged to a customer, and he was acting as the middleman in the sale. If no one wants that time slot, I'll go ahead with the build and see if anyone wants to buy it. Otherwise, I'll have Duelin' Banjos. :D

I know others have chimed in. Perhaps you can have a different Ukulele type built. You enjoy both variety and having similar ukuleles. Good Luck

Top Bottom