Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 403 : Exploring the Cave and Beyond

Default Season 403 : Exploring the Cave and Beyond

Welcome Cobbers to Season 403 - Exploring the Cave and Beyond.
    I'm going to give you a few options.

1. Any song written, sung or covered by Nick Cave - solo, duet or in any band.
    Note if you google “songs covered by Nick Cave” you’ll see a couple of links to many possibilities.

2.Any song that has in it's lyrics "cave" (noun) or any of it's near synonyms like " cavern, grotto, hollow, cavity, pothole, tunnel, dugout, underground" etc.

3.Any song that has in it's lyrics "cave" (verb) or any of it's near synonyms like "collapse, fall in, give way, crumble, disintegrate, subside" etc.

4.Any song that has in it's lyrics "nick" (noun or verb) or any of it's near synonyms " cut, scratch, abrade, incise, snick, notch, gouge, gash, score etc ".

5.Any song that has in it's TITLE a word that rhymes with "nick" or cave"
    e.g.. “brick, chick, mick, snick, pick, thick, stick, wick, lick, flick" etc
    e.g. "brave, save, crave, gave, grave, shave, slave, wave" etc.

6.Any song from the soundtrack to the TV series "Peaky Blinders". I haven't seen this. Heard it's good and I know Red Right Hand is it's theme song. All songs from this series are in play.

All options are welcomed equally. Any originals can just dance around any of these options as seen fit.
    For those not so familiar with Nick Cave don't be scared off by his more early Birthday Party stuff if you randomly google. He has plenty of uke friendly songs in his big (later) discography.

When posting your song please nominate how your song fits the theme . You make your own decision - everything you put forward will qualify- no need to check with me.

Dig Lazarus Dig!!
    All the usual rules apply.
    No song limit.
    Maybe a prize.
    Cheers John

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...next=1&index=1

ps...more syrup to be supped at Janet's in 402.
    Last edited by Flatbaroque; 11-02-2019 at 09:26 AM.

I'm claustrophobic!!!! (But what a clever idea, John!)
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    I'm claustrophobic!!!! (But what a clever idea, John!)
    Ha.I'm a bit claustrophobic too Val. Strictly vicarious spelunking going on here!

I have put up more versions of Red Right Hand than is probably polite but damned if I'm not gonna do it again. Love playing that song
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Quote Originally Posted by RAB11 View Post
    I have put up more versions of Red Right Hand than is probably polite but damned if I'm not gonna do it again. Love playing that song
    Ha..look forward to it mate.I remember the last one you did.My sister in Melbourne asked me to do RRH.I told her I needed to wait till it fitted a theme.So my theme choice had an ulterior motive lurking

I looked RRH up and found this on Ukulele.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CCChD3gb9M

I liked Peaky Blinders, but never really listened to the theme song ( ear Problems).

But I thought it was about the red hand of Ulster, which is on my family crest.

Oops. Went down another rabbit hole!
    Last edited by JackLuis; 11-02-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbaroque View Post
    Ha..look forward to it mate.I remember the last one you did.My sister in Melbourne asked me to do RRH.I told her I needed to wait till it fitted a theme.So my theme choice had an ulterior motive lurking
    I was sure I did RHH for a previous season. (looks it up.) Yep. It was season 252. Obviously this is not an entry in this season.

Quote Originally Posted by RAB11 View Post
    Funny when watching 'PB' the other day I thought...."I don't care if I never hear this song again!" but then my mind started working on a version about a blue left hand and perhaps reversing the notes in RRH. What do ya think?

Great Theme John. I suspect that I will have the treat of being exposed to a lot of new material this week. Probably a bit early here, but I wanted to post this one now, as I will be out of pocket for a few days. I had just made a chart for this song and when I saw your theme pop up and I realized it fit by virtue of having the lyric 'stick', which rhymes with Nick. Thanks for hosting ~

Last edited by Mezcalero; 11-02-2019 at 11:33 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Thread Information