Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 403 : Exploring the Cave and Beyond

Ahoy everybody.
    I have missed the past three seasons even though I recorded a song for one of them (I didn't find the time to translate and subtitle the song - I will keep that project for a later date).
    These will be my only submission for the time being as work has been hectic lately and this week I am going on a short holiday and will be ukuleleless.
    See you again in season 404

Into My Arms - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

Henry Lee - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds (feat. PJ Harvey)

OK, I'd never heard of Nick Cave, but wanted to try at least one of his songs for this week. Wow, his music is rather dark! A bit out of my comfort zone, but here goes, just learned it 1/2 hour ago, 1-take into the cellphone: "There Is A Light", which was featured in one of the Batman movies. I like it, a cool, driving song, but some of his fans considered it a sell-out. I guess it's hard being a badass.

Last edited by Ukecaster; 11-04-2019 at 02:33 PM.
    John

nick -> cut -> homemade song "you cut me (just to watch me bleed)"

lynda

bi di bup bup

I am straying way out of my comfort zone here, very nervous to put my version of this up. But here is ‘Into My Arms’ by Mr Cave.

an original song for the season.

THE WELL

Live and live to tell. Live and live to tell. Love is like water & she is the well where I drink & I live to tell.
    There's blood on her track. There's blood on her track & I drank of her letter 'til the candle burned black the night I spilt blood on her track. Every word is true. Every word is true & I'd burn 'em all for a picture of you, sweet child. Every word is true. So weep on my grave. Weep on my grave & pray for the souls your poor heart couldn't save oh, while you weep on my grave and take that silver band. Take that silver band. As Jesus sits by the good Lord's right hand, child, take back that silver band. For the light shines deep within. The light shines deep within. Love the poor sinner & hate the sinful light deep within.
    I live and live to tell. Live and live to tell. Love is like water & she is the well where I drink & I live to tell.

a rough version of a very beautiful Cave and The Seeds song

Nick and Shane have bumped uglies with Louis's What a wonderful world
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Default Rave On

Looking back, I see I've done quite a few covers of Nick Cave songs for the Seasons, and also covered quite a few of the songs he himself has covered. So this is one that 'rhymes with Cave': 'Rave On' (takes 1 & 2).

Argapa custom piccolo | Argapa custom resonator soprano | Rob Collins custom soprano | Kavanagh custom concert | Ashton soprano | Clearwater SB electric concert | Kala PU-SMH sopranissimo | Kala SSTU-BP soprano | Kala C/MU concert "The Mighty Uke"! | Kala SSTU-C concert | Kala SSTU-T tenor | Korala UKS-310 sop | Harley Benton BCJ100-FMH SB electric baritone | Lanikai S-B Baritone | Clearwater "long neck" baritone | Tiny Tangi

Too Drunk To Pluck

Just a video to share showing the determination of migrating birds and testament to the beauty of Cave and the Seeds music.....

Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    Just a video to share showing the determination of migrating birds and testament to the beauty of Cave and the Seeds music.....

And well worth sharing.A real gem.

Thread Information